2 hours ago, Denarius said:

I bought my Pylontechs due to the empiric evidence of this report a few years ago.  Would love to see a South African battery dominate that report.

Good point to the Hubble and Bull people...Get your batteries tested by an independent 3rd party and you'll be well on.your way from a global perspective. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I were Hubble I would would pay Leshen to stop posting.  Literally destroying the reputation of a up and coming brand talking smack. Unfortunately for now, the damage is already done. 

Hi Community, Seems the forum is decending into just degrading brands and negative commenting which is very unfortunate, as the powerforum is a great wealth of knowledge for power backup and sola

Good day guys. Just a quick post with some pictures on what the popular Pylontech batteries look like on the inside vs the latest Hubble battery. Big difference on the quality. Some corrosion alr

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Bobster said:

I get that you guys have to punt your own product, but dissing somebody else's to make yours look good doesn't make me want to go out and buy hubbles. If your product is good, word will get around, your reputation will grow and with it your market share.

Plus it's not like you're some objective 3rd party with nothing to gain or lose from your analysis.

Nobody is dissing one product to make another look good. There is no comparison between Pylontechs and Hubble’s when it comes down to cycles vs C rating and that’s because a 1C Pylontech Battery doesn’t exist. If and when Pylontech produce a 1C battery, we can discuss this then. 

Maybe question how does Pylontech supply a 4AWG/21.1mm2 cable pack which only THEY rate at a constant draw of 100A? No objective third party testing done there. Interesting to see that the Victron wiring manual states a max current rating of 75A for a 25mm2 cable. Pylontech also state that you can use up to 4 x US3000C in a stack with a single cable pack and each battery can deliver 37A. That’s a total of 148A on a 100A cable or 75A, depends where you look. Seems like world class engineering to me.

18 hours ago, Bobster said:

I get that you guys have to punt your own product, but dissing somebody else's to make yours look good doesn't make me want to go out and buy hubbles. If your product is good, word will get around, your reputation will grow and with it your market share.

Plus it's not like you're some objective 3rd party with nothing to gain or lose from your analysis.

I don't get this statement at all is Leshen employed by Hubble? As far as I could see he is comparing facts and specs 😂 I suppose everyone has a right to an opinion even bad ones.. or do people not have the right to compare products especially if it highlights problems is this not the purpouse for the forum and open Dialogue? Or do you believe to do this is not allowed?

27 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

I don't get this statement at all is Leshen employed by Hubble? As far as I could see he is comparing facts and specs 😂 I suppose everyone has a right to an opinion even bad ones.. or do people not have the right to compare products especially if it highlights problems is this not the purpouse for the forum and open Dialogue? Or do you believe to do this is not allowed?

I'm sure nobody here works for Hubble, but that doesn't mean they don't have an interest. 

There's been a lot of punting of Hubble and how great it is. Now OK, the guys who run this forum incur costs and running what is a valuable resource costs them time and money. They have to have some way of making it worth their while. 

If @Leshenis a disinterested party comparing two products, neither of which he is an agent for, then I owe him and he has a full apology from me. 

7 minutes ago, Bobster said:

I'm sure nobody here works for Hubble, but that doesn't mean they don't have an interest. 

There's been a lot of punting of Hubble and how great it is. Now OK, the guys who run this forum incur costs and running what is a valuable resource costs them time and money. They have to have some way of making it worth their while. 

If @Leshenis a disinterested party comparing two products, neither of which he is an agent for, then I owe him and he has a full apology from me. 

No apology needed as I am all for robust debate. I’m certainly not paid by any battery manufacturer to “punt” their product. Just my opinion from experience. 

I would really like the Pylontech cable issue to be answered. Would be interesting to see what the guys make of it. 

49 minutes ago, Leshen said:

No apology needed as I am all for robust debate. I’m certainly not paid by any battery manufacturer to “punt” their product. Just my opinion from experience. 

I would really like the Pylontech cable issue to be answered. Would be interesting to see what the guys make of it. 

To answer the cable issue, Pylon stack has an option to connect two pairs of cable packs. If one pack is rated 100A, what stops you from using a second pack of 100A ratings? making your installation of 4 x Pylons stack safe to deliver around 200A. The option is there, use it to make your installation safe 

2 minutes ago, hoohloc said:

To answer the cable issue, Pylon stack has an option to connect two pairs of cable packs. If one pack is rated 100A, what stops you from using a second pack of 100A ratings? making your installation of 4 x Pylons stack safe to deliver around 200A. The option is there, use it to make your installation safe 

Nothing stopping you from doing that however Pylontech state that a  4 x US3000C bank is good with a single cable pack. Yes you should double cables in multi group mode and that’s different. So what they write in the installation manual isn’t true?

Two power cables (4 AWG, peak current capacity 120A, constant 100A) and communication cable for each energy storage system

Each energy storage system has a maximum of 4 x US3000C. If you can point out in the installation manual on doubling the cables for this particular setup then I stand corrected. Note 4 x US3000C isn’t considered a multi group mode. 

Two other points, to make an installation safe with 4 x US3000C, the end user must use two sets of cable packs which increases cost. I wonder how many of the users did this? Lastly, a 25mm cable is rated at 75A, how does Pylontech get a 25mm cable to push 100A and 120A at peak? Makes no sense as you get some guys who are sticklers for battery fuse ratings but don’t question cable ratings.

With Hubble or Bull, you are not limited to a 25mm cable. You can use a 50mm, 70mm or 90mm cable. At least there are better options. I’m sorry but I don’t see any positives with Pylontech whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Bobster said:

Yes there has been a lot of information on Hubble and BSLB in this thread thats for sure my point is if people did not talk about it no one would know for instance Pylontech claims its US3000C is a 1C battery when in Actual fact it is not so in my opinion this is false advertising on their part and never mind dishonest. We then have much smaller emerging companies bringing their product to the market like Hubble BSLB Revov etc.. and these guys have to make their product so much better just to compete with established products in the market they also offer far better support and backup than a brand like Pylontech and Dyness as an example besides that are they also offering better value for money Hubble is a Comercial member here as far as I can see and they are offering their product at a great price with great quality so is BSLB with all that said no I dont work for either company and I appreciate the exposure to new products Imagine how boring it would be if everyone only used Victron and Pylontech Axpert and Pylontech  never expanding to other ideas and products. I support highlighting bad quality in established products it allows end users like myself to make educated and informed decisions.. 

1 hour ago, hoohloc said:

I have seen many Pylontech installs where there are only one set of cables does this mean they are all unsafe?

1 minute ago, Boerseun said:

Yes there has been a lot of information on Hubble and BSLB in this thread thats for sure my point is if people did not talk about it no one would know for instance Pylontech claims its US3000C is a 1C battery when in Actual fact it is not so in my opinion this is false advertising on their part and never mind dishonest. We then have much smaller emerging companies bringing their product to the market like Hubble BSLB Revov etc.. and these guys have to make their product so much better just to compete with established products in the market they also offer far better support and backup than a brand like Pylontech and Dyness as an example besides that are they also offering better value for money Hubble is a Comercial member here as far as I can see and they are offering their product at a great price with great quality so is BSLB with all that said no I dont work for either company and I appreciate the exposure to new products Imagine how boring it would be if everyone only used Victron and Pylontech Axpert and Pylontech  never expanding to other ideas and products. I support highlighting bad quality in established products it allows end users like myself to make educated and informed decisions.. 

I agree totally. By the way, you mentioned Victron, hope you don’t get taken out by the Blue Patrol. :) 

5 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

Thanks each to their own I will not be forced to Use a product just because someone says so 😂 besides I am a Proud Sunsynk Owner 😁

Also a proud Sunsynk 8kw owner. No better 8kw single phase bi directional hybrid inverter on the market. And for the price, it’s miles ahead of the other famous brands. 

Just now, Leshen said:

Also a proud Sunsynk 8kw owner. No better 8kw single phase bi directional hybrid inverter on the market. And for the price, it’s miles ahead of the other famous brands. 

I agree better value than most and youre never Blue!!

30 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Nothing stopping you from doing that however Pylontech state that a  4 x US3000C bank is good with a single cable pack. Yes you should double cables in multi group mode and that’s different. So what they write in the installation manual isn’t true?

Two power cables (4 AWG, peak current capacity 120A, constant 100A) and communication cable for each energy storage system

Each energy storage system has a maximum of 4 x US3000C. If you can point out in the installation manual on doubling the cables for this particular setup then I stand corrected. Note 4 x US3000C isn’t considered a multi group mode. 

Two other points, to make an installation safe with 4 x US3000C, the end user must use two sets of cable packs which increases cost. I wonder how many of the users did this? Lastly, a 25mm cable is rated at 75A, how does Pylontech get a 25mm cable to push 100A and 120A at peak? Makes no sense as you get some guys who are sticklers for battery fuse ratings but don’t question cable ratings.

With Hubble or Bull, you are not limited to a 25mm cable. You can use a 50mm, 70mm or 90mm cable. At least there are better options. I’m sorry but I don’t see any positives with Pylontech whatsoever. 

Increase installation cost by R300? use batteries that have been proven to be reliable, that is positive enough for me. I'll be adding more this year, need a minimum of 8 because I can stack eight on one bank 

3 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

I have seen many Pylontech installs where there are only one set of cables does this mean they are all unsafe?

I wouldn't say they are unsafe, i was responding to the question of 4 x US3000c with one cable pack. If you as an installer, see that your system is going to be pushing over 100A constantly, then to be safe, use the second pair and double up. The option is there, Pylontech is a manufacture, not an installation company and it is based in China where it might be considered safe to use one pair for 120A. I don't see why they should be blamed for South Africa safety standards. Provision to meet those standards is there, use it 

2 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

I agree better value than most and youre never Blue!!

Funny enough, I know of a few guys that have moved over from Victron to Sunsynk. 

Reason mostly is cost, an 8kw Victron setup with all the bits and pieces is almost 3 times more costly that an 8kw Sunsynk. Don’t forget that it becomes a 6500w inverter at 40 deg

Just now, Leshen said:

Funny enough, I know of a few guys that have moved over from Victron to Sunsynk. 

Reason mostly is cost, an 8kw Victron setup with all the bits and pieces is almost 3 times more costly that an 8kw Sunsynk. Don’t forget that it becomes a 6500w inverter at 40 deg

Yep I also looked at Victron and it becomes crazy expensive very happy with my Sunsyk I heard of this anomaly thought that such an expensive product wouldve solved overheating with some fans or decent heatsinks I think they call it derating my Sunsynk does not do that... also heard the Easysolar Hybrids by Victron are notoriously unreliable mppts failing and so on Maybe a Victron expert can give us more info on the Derating story and the unreliable Easysolar hybrids.? Would be interresting 😁

11 minutes ago, Boerseun said:

Yep I also looked at Victron and it becomes crazy expensive very happy with my Sunsyk I heard of this anomaly thought that such an expensive product wouldve solved overheating with some fans or decent heatsinks I think they call it derating my Sunsynk does not do that... also heard the Easysolar Hybrids by Victron are notoriously unreliable mppts failing and so on Maybe a Victron expert can give us more info on the Derating story and the unreliable Easysolar hybrids.? Would be interresting 😁

Would love to hear what the Victron experts say about this. Is the Easysolar a true Hybrid or did they just pack different components into a box to seem like it’s a Hybrid?

30 minutes ago, hoohloc said:

Increase installation cost by R300? use batteries that have been proven to be reliable, that is positive enough for me. I'll be adding more this year, need a minimum of 8 because I can stack eight on one bank 

I wouldn't say they are unsafe, i was responding to the question of 4 x US3000c with one cable pack. If you as an installer, see that your system is going to be pushing over 100A constantly, then to be safe, use the second pair and double up. The option is there, Pylontech is a manufacture, not an installation company and it is based in China where it might be considered safe to use one pair for 120A. I don't see why they should be blamed for South Africa safety standards. Provision to meet those standards is there, use it 

Why then does a manufacturer print an installation manual? Maybe the reason the installation manual is so flawed, is because they are not an installation company. But point taken, you need 8 Pylontechs to generate the same power as 3 Hubbles. 

3 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Why then does a manufacturer print an installation manual? Maybe the reason the installation manual is so flawed, is because they are not an installation company. But point taken, you need 8 Pylontechs to generate the same power as 3 Hubbles. 

Maybe one day when Hubbles have proven them selves in the near future, will consider them. For now, Pylons all the way 😁

On 2021/02/10 at 11:02 AM, Leshen said:

Good day guys.

Just a quick post with some pictures on what the popular Pylontech batteries look like on the inside vs the latest Hubble battery. Big difference on the quality. Some corrosion already occuring on the Pylontech. Hubble has BYD NMC prismatic cells and its 1C.

1b21124a-c742-4536-9e28-27523d61a33f.JPG

8eb5ec47-772f-4682-94b8-ae91f1bf8747.JPG

723d7024-facb-4f91-88f7-70570b7d09c1.JPG

e2a26bc3-1b0d-4f13-b592-c93da9611351.JPG

That looks Scary is it safe? All those little batteries taped together 😲

16 minutes ago, Leshen said:

That’s quite informative. 

Out of interest, what is the price of Hubble? Pylon US2000 currently is selling for R13490 and US3000c going for R18450. Battery cable kit R290, availability in my area? Plenty of places selling and have lots in stock. No need to wait for them to be shipped from the other end of the country to where I am. 

Besides the forum store, who sells these Hubble? first time I heard of them on this post

Just now, hoohloc said:

Out of interest, what is the price of Hubble? Pylon US2000 currently is selling for R13490 and US3000c going for R18450. Battery cable kit R290, availability in my area? Plenty of places selling and have lots in stock. No need to wait for them to be shipped from the other end of the country to where I am. 

Besides the forum store, who sells these Hubble? first time I heard of them on this post

A 5.5kw Hubble which is rated at 1C (not sure if you know what that means) is priced at R24700. Its cheaper on Rand per kWh than all models of your 0.5C Pylontechs. You are not limited to 25mm cable packs. 

Contact hubblelithium.co.za and I’m sure they will give you a list of resellers. 

9 minutes ago, Leshen said:

A 5.5kw Hubble which is rated at 1C (not sure if you know what that means) is priced at R24700. Its cheaper on Rand per kWh than all models of your 0.5C Pylontechs. You are not limited to 25mm cable packs. 

Contact hubblelithium.co.za and I’m sure they will give you a list of resellers. 

😂 and now its my 0.5C Pylontechs?