Jump to content

3x 8Kw Sunsynk single phase


Recommended Posts

Hi all. This is my first and very big install. I am putting 20x 455W panels per Sunsynk. Splitting to 2 strings (5 in series and those 2 in parallel). 
In total 60 panels, 3x Sunsynk 8Kw inverters and 3x 30 Kva Freedom won batteries. I can’t find any info how to program Sunsynk to run master and slaves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021/02/23 at 6:37 AM, Rynobez said:

Not yet. I am allmost finished with installation. Will let you know in a day or 2. 

19D44A9C-BAEB-4E53-AB43-06C4B13257F4.jpeg

AE16DC66-5BB2-45E1-BFF1-0C6608932C03.jpeg

4FACEE0A-A576-419D-9B15-5E86122A014C.jpeg

70DE413D-830F-4CAC-B18A-1FADA53EA259.jpeg

Hi there. 
 

that’s a really big system. I have 1 concern though. I think the inverters are too close together and there’s not enough spacing between them. 
 

I am planning to install a second 5 kw sunsynk in parallel and have been trying to find the minimum spacing and I have seen in some manual 1m, others have told me 0.5m. Yours looks like 10 or 15cm. 
 

Remember the 8 kw units have fans on the sides and blow from left to right so one of the top 2 units are going to overheat unless your have some sort of active cooling in the room. 
 

Please check this point before continuing as the inverters are known to get a bit warm at times and the fans come on often when under load. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2021/02/15 at 7:31 AM, Rynobez said:

Hi all. This is my first and very big install. I am putting 20x 455W panels per Sunsynk. Splitting to 2 strings (5 in series and those 2 in parallel). 
In total 60 panels, 3x Sunsynk 8Kw inverters and 3x 30 Kva Freedom won batteries. I can’t find any info how to program Sunsynk to run master and slaves. 

This looks like a proper setup, did you manage to finish it yet?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frost said:

This looks like a proper setup, did you manage to finish it yet?

 

Hi Frost. Yes installation is done and pumping very good. The 3 batteries was just too little to run system through the night so installing another 30kw battery. Will keep you informed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rynobez said:

Hi Frost. Yes installation is done and pumping very good. The 3 batteries was just too little to run system through the night so installing another 30kw battery. Will keep you informed. 

That's great news, share some final results. What are you running there that 3 x 30kw aren't enough?

How are pv production with all 60 panels? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, a question on the battery set up there...

 

If running in parallel there, the main inverter discharge current. Is that the TOTAL discharge current or is that per INVERTER?

I have 2x 5kW and the discharge is set to maximum, so would that mean max discharge is 2x100A or limited to the main inverter 100A? 

I am taking comfort that the BMS comms work, so I would assume that would take presidence.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rautenk said:

So, a question on the battery set up there...

 

If running in parallel there, the main inverter discharge current. Is that the TOTAL discharge current or is that per INVERTER?

I have 2x 5kW and the discharge is set to maximum, so would that mean max discharge is 2x100A or limited to the main inverter 100A? 

I am taking comfort that the BMS comms work, so I would assume that would take presidence.

 

You set up the battery size on the master inverter. You input the max charge current. 
The total discharge current is per inverter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...