Jump to content

Goodwe - DC Injection high


zs6sp
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can anyone explain this to me - DC Injection High?  What does it mean - the manual just mentions it but no explanation as to what can caiuse it.

When this happens the pv generation drops resulting in ver low daily PV generation - the 'error' occurs multiple times a day causing the PV graph to show a general up and down output instead of a constant smooth output line

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zs6sp said:

Can anyone explain this to me - DC Injection High?  What does it mean - the manual just mentions it but no explanation as to what can caiuse it.

When this happens the pv generation drops resulting in ver low daily PV generation - the 'error' occurs multiple times a day causing the PV graph to show a general up and down output instead of a constant smooth output line

What is your software version, it may require an update. I had the same issue, they updated the inverter and problem solved....

Log a call for them to look at it.

Https://support.goodwe.com/portal/en/home

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the same issue initially on my Goodwe. Spoke to Blake @ Solar-Shop where I bought mine from and he helped me, by advising me to go into the PV Master app, select the inverter, go into Basic Settings and change the country selection over to "50Hz Grid Default", instead of selecting "South Africa". Reason these DC Injection High message pops up is because the Eskom frequency is unstable, and the 50Hz setting has a greater tolerance for out of bounds frequencies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Interesting info - thanks .  I eventually told the guy with the problem to submit a ticket to Goodwe which he did. They responded the same day that they had made adjustments to the device and he should monitor if the issue is resolved - which raises the question as to how much can they do remotely - possibly it was just the 50hz setting - will check when I am at his place again what PV Master says.

Needless to say very impressed with the quick response from Goodwe

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021/03/26 at 5:08 PM, zs6sp said:

Interesting info - thanks .  I eventually told the guy with the problem to submit a ticket to Goodwe which he did. They responded the same day that they had made adjustments to the device and he should monitor if the issue is resolved - which raises the question as to how much can they do remotely - possibly it was just the 50hz setting - will check when I am at his place again what PV Master says.

Needless to say very impressed with the quick response from Goodwe

 

Just to confirm they did adjust that setting to 50hz grid default

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to my installer this specific issue is fixed in newer version of the firmware so you shouldn't see this on the South Africa setting. Not sure how accurate or true this is, but I did ask him about it. Will see how it goes for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I also seem to have this problem. The pv curve slowly ramps down to about 65% of total capacity and then suddenly jump back up again. Happens twice a day and always around the same time.

Have the new firmware loaded and tried both SA setting and 50Hz grid setting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pietpower said:

The pv curve slowly ramps down to about 65% of total capacity

i think the cause of this behavior is not because of "DC injection high". DC injection high results in an inverter restart. Your problem could be because of "shadow management". If you have enabled shadow management try to disable it and check if the problems goes away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021/05/12 at 4:31 PM, Fuenkli said:

i think the cause of this behavior is not because of "DC injection high". DC injection high results in an inverter restart. Your problem could be because of "shadow management". If you have enabled shadow management try to disable it and check if the problems goes away. 

Thanks  Shadow scan is set to off.  Almost no shadows with only one short 'pole' that have a slight shadow on one panel.  Never been an issue in previous years.

 

Started a new thread if it is unrelated: 

 

Edited by Pietpower
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...