Deye/Sunsynk 5kW MPPT Limited to 9.9A?

5 hours ago, Pumba said:

My 5kW Sunsynk will only get to a max of 9.9A on each MPPT, one string running at about 280V and the other at about 350Vs - by the way, what program are you using to get all those voltage, amperage graphs.

A @recre8 stated, get the wifi dongle (there is a 3G one as well if you have poor wifi) and it logs stats which can be pulled using the solarman app on you cellphone, or a browser on your PC. I prefer the latter. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Voltage and amps from MPPT 2. 2 strings of 11 x 305w panels per string. 

I really like the Deye, it works beautifully other than my issue. I paired it with the new Pylontech Force L1 battery system, although rebranded as Kodak in SA. I'll write a proper review post after e

Please forgive my previous very brief response, I work during the day, it pays for my toys. You make a good theoretical argument, but everything is not always theory, otherwise we'd all believe t

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Pumba said:

Have got the Solarman App but don't see the detailed graphs you have, or must one purchase the Pro Solarman App?

Hi @Pumba. No the normal Solarman app works fine to see the graphs. 

1. You need to go into your plant, then tap the Device tab.
  2. In the device tab, tap your Inverter.
  3. Then tap Statistics tab
  4. Tap on the graph and you should see a button "Parameter Selection"
  5. Here you enable "DC Current PV1" etc.
Edited by recre8
  • 1 month later...
On 2021/03/01 at 8:15 PM, recre8 said:

I really like the Deye, it works beautifully other than my issue. I paired it with the new Pylontech Force L1 battery system, although rebranded as Kodak in SA. I'll write a proper review post after evaluating it for a week or two. 

1188571766_IMG_0257(2).thumb.jpg.de4dfd3a71a03ef22e35a2ca79b604ef.jpg

Ignore the dangling cables behind the battery please, I'm just waiting for stock of white spiral cable wrap to come in. Also the white board on top the battery is a offcut piece of postform top I had cut because I was worried my cleaning lady might put something wet on top the battery.

hello @recre8, which cable did you use with the deye inverter to the Force L1 battery? Have a 5kw Deye with same battery and using the cable in the inverter box to CAN port and we are getting error F58 - BMS comunication fault.

8 hours ago, drsamuel said:

hello @recre8, which cable did you use with the deye inverter to the Force L1 battery? Have a 5kw Deye with same battery and using the cable in the inverter box to CAN port and we are getting error F58 - BMS comunication fault.

Hey. I use the black CAN cable that came in the battery BMU box. The cable has a round waterproof cap on one RJ45 connector. Connected from either of the BMU CAN ports to the Deye’s CAN port. On the Deye’s battery settings: Lithium, Lithium Mode 00.

Let me know if it helps

Edited by recre8
7 hours ago, recre8 said:

Hey. I use the black CAN cable that came in the battery BMU box. The cable has a round waterproof cap on one RJ45 connector. Connected from either of the BMU CAN ports to the Deye’s CAN port. On the Deye’s battery settings: Lithium, Lithium Mode 00.

Let me know if it helps

Thanks a million. worked like a charm.

Nice batteries too.

4 minutes ago, drsamuel said:

Thanks a million. worked like a charm.

Nice batteries too.

Great! Happy it worked out. Yeah I really like the simplicity of the Force L1. Just stack and connect. Incidentally, what solar panels are you using with your setup? Deye updated my firmware to fix the 11A MPPT issue, but I'm not getting enough sun at the moment to properly test the firmware.

4 minutes ago, recre8 said:

Great! Happy it worked out. Yeah I really like the simplicity of the Force L1. Just stack and connect. Incidentally, what solar panels are you using with your setup? Deye updated my firmware to fix the 11A MPPT issue, but I'm not getting enough sun at the moment to properly test the firmware.

Using Jinko 410w panels, 12 total. 6 panels per MMPT. I have not done the upgrade on the firmware yet.

What is your current firmware version?

4 hours ago, recre8 said:

Would appreciate feedback on this upgrade recre8, I am sizing panels at the moment to sub 9.9 and would like to go higher

Hi @CopperClub According to the datasheet my 450W panels provide about 10.9A maximum with full exposure. Due to the low tilt of the panels, and sun being lower in the sky, I can't really provide proper feedback, but I can say that I saw a peak for the very first time that exceeded 9.9A the other day after the new firmware was applied. 

Before the firmware, there isn't a single data point above 9.9A.

image.png.f6f3c36f784c68c40d7b69142c8723e0.png

2.54kW is almost the highest power I've ever had. So I'm inclined to say the firmware definitely did something, but the weather hasn't been playing along well to give a definitive answer.

image.png.473a1c40117ae2e1d82df7ac3206d42b.png

Edited by recre8

Hi @gooseberry

I still can’t give a definitive answer that it has been resolved. Been rainy and cloudy in Cape town.

But with regards to sunsynk vs deye, they are the same unit for all intents and purposes with different firmware for the user interface. The underlying control firmware is shared by both brands. There was a recent email by Sunsynk welcoming a new staff member: “Jean is the Technical Manager for Sunsynk / Deye SA”, so support on both should be the same. 

The deye came with a CT clamp with generous length cable, and a wifi module. The sunsynk does too.

For earth bonding, I added a Hager contactor to my DB that is powered by mains. When mains is lost, the contactor bridges the inverter neutral to earth. When mains is on, the bridge is broken. I think the contactor was about R500. Everything worked fine without the earth-neutral bridge, but I decided to go that route because I was worried I would fail the CoC. 

On 2021/05/04 at 1:27 AM, recre8 said:

For comparison, here is a sunny February day (from before the firmware update). Current is clipped like is/was the norm and power maxed out around 2.38kW usually. 
image.png.acd9f518666f9ebd2478bf94ff9e22c3.png

Can you show your firmware version number? Where to request an update? I can also observe this clipping.

On 2021/05/07 at 3:25 PM, Tariq said:

@recre8how come you did not go with the ATS connection for the earth-neutral bond ?

Mainly because I had more space to work in the DB board. One thing I didn't like about using the ATS port was that the relay would bridge the earth-neutral bond for any reason in which there would no power on the ATS. So for instance, shutting down the inverter or restarting it, would create the bond despite mains still being present. I also noticed that the ATS takes a minute or two after the inverter starts up. In the end, I just felt like the contactor was a more reasonable approach since I really only want the bond to be made when mains is lost. 

10 hours ago, pete boy said:

Can you show your firmware version number? Where to request an update? I can also observe this clipping.

Hi @pete boy

image.png.4502077cfd0d605c53a4930a7caec77b.png

image.png.64221f60ba10b662b44ae4c45bc97e3f.png

You can mail service(at)deye.com.cn and provide them with your logger serial number. Also tell them in the email the reason you want it is because of the clipping. Incidentally I noticed on the Sunsynk blog they hired someone as the technical manager of "Sunsynk / Deye SA". Seems like Deye and Sunsynk have the same support channel now? You could maybe message him if you don't manage with the service email address.