10 minutes ago, flamegrilled said:

I would be perfect if I could use a solar tracker for the job of heating. I would use less solar panels for heating.

It is usually a lot cheaper to add more PV panels than erect a tracker.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more info. The evacuated tube and PV install will be about the same price. +- R 21 000. (Yes if I do it myself it will be cheaper but I am afraid when adding the hospital bills it might not be cheaper anymore)

So on avg I use 18-20 KW per day and the geyser is between 4.5-7.5 KW per day. So about 1/3. My problem is I tried to work out my return on

investment and I couldn't see that I would save more than R 2 000 per year making it 10 year return. 

So my question would be is it still worth it or will a normal geyserwise timer save the same amount for cheaper?

Here's the usage broken down per day.

image.thumb.png.16c6b203a2b3325eea4b582e342d5adf.png

Here when the geyser goes on

image.thumb.png.23bb90e2e705566dd06e31a7dd618223.png

Depends on what you pay for electricity. You seem to be using about 2000 units per year. I pay R2.40 per kW. That would make ROI relatively shorter.

Your controls are in short bursts, you could open up a window of switching on and off.Also, your geyser comes on mostly at night, and neither PV or evacuated tubes will help with that.