AXPERT VM III 5000-48V + MPPT 5000W LPBG48200

tonio

Hello everyone.

After 4 months of waiting, LiFePO4 arrived with a battery pack of 10 KWH.

https://www.felicitysolar.com/lifepo4-lithium-battery-lpbg48200-10kwh_p51.html

Could anyone give a drawing to share the connection between AXPERT VM III and LPBG48200 BMS?

LPBG48200 I have the wiring diagram of the communication, the wiring diagram of the AXPERT III, I can't find it for the BMS connector.

Or does the BMS not even need 1 battery pack?

image.png.96d93df3668a059767b97e44b7aa30a1.png

Greetings Antal.

2 hours ago, tonio said:

Could anyone give a drawing to share the connection between AXPERT VM III and LPBG48200 BMS?

The Axperts with the removable display can communicate using about 8 different BMS protocols, but that's not going to cover every possible BMS out there. Have you checked that this particular BMS is supported?

If it is supported, the only connections you'd need would be GND, RS485-B, and RS485-A. Or possibly GND, CANL, and CANH if the inverter supports this BMS via the CAN bus protocol. But usually when both RS-485 and CAN are available, the inverter will use RS-485. If your BMS doesn't use the Pylontech protocol, you may well have to update the firmware on your VM III's removable display, and possibly also the main DSP firmware.

The RS-485 pinout isn't given in the manuals I have here; you'll have to search this forum for the inverter's pinout, and match it to the above (assuming it's supported at all). I'm pretty sure a post by Youda, probably on his Member Installations Showcase topic, has the inverter's pinout.

Edit: from Youda's image:

image.png

and the pin-out for Pylontechs:
image.png.41f048cea90f35b5f4766a025e5a3b35.png

it looks like you want to connect pin 3 on the inverter side (RS-485-B) to 5 on your BMS's side, and pin 5 on the inverter side (RS-485-A) to pin 6 on your BMS's side. Again, assuming that the protocol is supported, and by RS-485.

Edited by Coulomb

9 hours ago, tonio said:

How to see that communication has taken place.

I think if you run through the data displays on the removable display, you should get to a screen that has BMS on the first row, and the number of battery modules and battery groups (usually one group unless you have a really big battery) on the lower rows. 

Edit: but first, you need to change your battery type setting to PyL or one of the other BMS options. You may need to update your display firmware (MCU) to 02.60 or later to have all the BMS protocol options. 

Edited by Coulomb

Hi

I made a upgrade.

Old:

Elso.thumb.jpg.6dee2c31df8e1adff197b6006c9cced6.jpg

New:

Masodik.thumb.jpg.c86502b1babc596834658cf16b398008.jpg

Shows an error: Error 61: Communications Failure

hiba.thumb.jpg.f59445dcfde3ef8f3c2534e8e5d4857e.jpg

Its have someone idea to solve this error.

My cable wiring:

Inverter side:

Inverter.thumb.jpg.17ab0da31b0c2e84d826f09fa5a7196f.jpg

Battery pack:

Battery.thumb.jpg.04b796e05cb9c5aa865a282a6484086c.jpg

Didn't i do it right.  Inverter side 3 RS485 B   Battery pcak  5 RS485 B    , Inverter side 5 RS485 A  Battery pack  6 RS485 A

Greetings Antal

Edited by tonio

On 2021/03/15 at 10:19 PM, tonio said:

I made a upgrade.

Well done.

Shows an error: Error 61: Communications Failure

Did you try all the various BMS options, such as LIB? There are half a dozen or so.

My cable wiring:

That seems correct, as long as the two green wires aren't swapped around. I can't make out which ones have the white bands/stripes.

Didn't i do it right.  Inverter side 3 RS485 B   Battery pcak  5 RS485 B    , Inverter side 5 RS485 A  Battery pack  6 RS485 A

Hopefully I gave you the right directions.

It's entirely possible that your battery just isn't one of the many supported ones.

Edit: BTW, I don't believe you had to downgrade the removable display from 02.61 to 02.60. Though as you have them, it's presumably a known-good pairing.

Edited by Coulomb

The updates were in pairs. The LIB I tried has the same warning. I'll try them all. I write the result. There will be no bugs with version 2.61. The main processor  version 91.20.

The connection is now visible.

Inv.thumb.jpg.41da998d5e1eb368af6de3a9d7113883.jpg

Batt.thumb.jpg.26ef22321611a5415ea89cc5b4765571.jpg

2 hours ago, tonio said:

Manufacturer replied.  Because we do not have protocol of this inverter.

Sorry, the inverter manufacturer or the battery manufacturer replied? With half a dozen protocols on the inverter, some really well known like PylonTech, surely the battery manufacturer could support one of them.

The battery pack goes into sleep mode in the morning. PV turn on the battery pack. I draw the circuit. But the PV of this is only 145 V. The AXPERT VM III PV 450V.

Do you think i give the value of the parts well?

Felicitysolar.thumb.jpg.c69b469c80b64da2c105c8e6fe85199b.jpg

Axpert.thumb.jpg.b553ec30920082b3fb07026a368578a3.jpg

16 hours ago, tonio said:

The battery pack goes into sleep mode in the morning.

Why? Is this what you want?

Your schematic translation seems reasonable, though you'd have to be very careful with spacing and voltage rating for the various parts. 450V on a printed circuit board, or some sort of breadboard, is tricky to make safe. The battery trigger port would have to be isolated, and capable of handling some 800V of peak voltage with respect to earth (the 450V DC plus something like 340V of superimposed half-wave AC). I would definitely not recommend it.

Is there some way to prevent the battery from sleeping? 

Unfortunately no, he goes to sleep mode. Only PV can wake you up. Or manually every morning.   The first picture shows the factory circuit. Today i tried the 5v trigger and it started.  Or a small PV panel, just for the trigger. No need to worry about 450 VDC.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021/03/18 at 8:45 AM, tonio said:

Unfortunately no, he goes to sleep mode. Only PV can wake you up. Or manually every morning.   The first picture shows the factory circuit. Today i tried the 5v trigger and it started.  Or a small PV panel, just for the trigger. No need to worry about 450 VDC.

Dumb question, but are you discharging the battery completely to the point of  under voltage cut out or does the battery disconnect in a 'power saving' mode when the is no load?

I would assume if the latter is the case, this mode could be disabled via software in the battery. Does anyone know if there are communication protocol docs available for these batteries? Maybe a diagnostic application (can be sniffed)?