Synapse 5kw king inverter

Good day...im having problem with my synapse 5kw king inverter. Mppt comes on and switches off again...i have got 6 panels 3s2p they are 330w ajy help please ànd have 4 pylon lithium  bats 3000c getting 61 error

Most obvious: you should have the panels wired 2S3P - these inverters are very sensitive to PV voltage.  Mine did the same until I changed them from3S to 2S.

What is the version of the main firmware?

Thought coz VOCm is 145v and in 3s it gives  me 112.5v which is under the max. Im not sure, not at home will have a look later. And the battery error 61 i have set it to pyl bit still not communicating with battert to inverter

8 hours ago, gerardm said:

Thought coz VOCm is 145v and in 3s it gives  me 112.5v which is under the max.

Is the 112.5 no load, or loaded? What temperature?

If no load, that sounds like your panes have 60 cell, which means they probably means you need 3S.

If that's loaded (producing something close to rated power), then they are probably 72-cell panels, in which case you will be much better off with 2S.

330 W is right on the boundary where it might be 60 or 72 cells (or equivalently 120 half cells or 144 half cells). I don't know the "ajy" brand. The first JA Solar 330 W panels I looked up were 120 half-cells (equivalent to 60 cells as far as voltage is concerned).

8 hours ago, gerardm said:

And the battery error 61 i have set it to pyl bit still not communicating with battert to inverter

That's a communications error. The 3000Cs have a different connector pin-out to the older Pylontechs (how smart is that?), so you need a different cable. It might be worth trying a cross-over ethernet cable; that might be why they made the change (since the cross-over cables are standard, and much easier to obtain). But then why not change to where it only needs a straight through cable (pin 1 to pin 1, etc), which is far more common again?

Edit: maybe straight through would only work for Axperts, which probably have a non-standard RS-485 pinout). Maybe straight through now works for a more common inverter.

Edited by Coulomb

When having it connected 2s3p the mppt does not come on at all so i doubt having it 3s2p is the problem. Bms communication cable sorted but mppt still comes on anf goes off again no charging and this is in standby mode which is suppose to charge batteries  full on a nice sunny day

On 2021/03/27 at 9:30 PM, gerardm said:

but mppt still comes on anf goes off again no charging and this is in standby mode which is suppose to charge batteries

My guess is that the Synapses are actually clones, and they copied the genuine firmware back when the Voltronic Firmware had an issue that sounds similar to this. If so, and if they can be updated at all, a firmware update with a later Voltronic Power firmware may fix the problem, or might brick it, or it might refuse to update. That's the nature of the clone. IF it is a clone and your supplier won't help you , you are basically out of luck.

24 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

If so, and if they can be updated at all, a firmware update with a later Voltronic Power firmware may fix the problem, or might brick it, or it might refuse to update

Synapse is an official re-brand from what I know. At least we've never had a problem with the supplier and we've never had a problem doing an update. We did have an issue with one batch of inverters where the mppts failed after a couple of days but they were replaced under warranty and with no issues seen since so that was a component problem. The supplier was very helpful and we've had no complaints dealing with them.

This issue is not the same as the one we had so firmware update would be a good start.

On 2021/03/27 at 1:30 PM, gerardm said:

Bms communication cable sorted but mppt still comes on anf goes off again no charging and this is in standby mode which is suppose to charge batteries  full on a nice sunny day

Just a question: how charged were the batteries when you saw this? If they are full it won't try and charge.