Is it possible to change Pylontech US2000C BMS settings?

rezna8

Is it possible to change Pylontech US2000C BMS settings? Such as maximum charging / discharging current, recommended charging / discharging current, maximum discharge depth?
Thanks for the feedback

Edited by rezna8

1 hour ago, rezna8 said:

Is it possible to change Pylontech US2000C BMS settings?

I believe that it is, through the console port with some commands. There was a post about this somewhere, sorry, I forget where and don't have to time to search for it. Not exactly plug and play, and I think there was some uncertainty about some of the commands. I don't own a Pylontech, but I wish someone who does would sort this out and post the details for all.

25 minutes ago, PurePower said:

It is possible via BatteryView. You have to logon as an Administrator and bring up the parameter and config tabs. 

Can you post pics of what the interface looks like?

How do you log on as admin, to the app or into the batteries?

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Rooney Hat said:

Hey @PurePower

Could you perhaps PM the Admin password?

I'm trying to see if I can find a solution to stop charge current when the batteries are at 99% capacity so that my Growatt inverter doesn't disable PV power when they hit 100% during the day.

Many thanks!

The issue with the growatt with the 145v mppts is the panels connect to the low voltage dc bus, and therefore the solar gets switched off when the batteries are full to prevent overcharging of the lithium batteries that use comms. If you disconnect the comms and use the custom settings it wont switch of the solar once the batteries are full. It seems the pylontechs for the us3000 limits charge to 37A till 90% then at 14A then at 99% i saw it limits it to 7A. Maybe changing the last one to 0amps might cause the battery to never reach 100% and thus never switch off the solar. Let us know if this is even possible.

18 hours ago, De0n19 said:

The issue with the growatt with the 145v mppts is the panels connect to the low voltage dc bus, and therefore the solar gets switched off when the batteries are full to prevent overcharging of the lithium batteries that use comms.

? I don't know the Growatts, but I'd be surprised if they didn't allow powering loads with PV, so the PV won't get "switched off" when the batteries are full. 

18 hours ago, De0n19 said:

If you disconnect the comms and use the custom settings it wont switch of the solar once the batteries are full.

? Again, I don't know about Growatts but I'd be very surprised if they didn't taper the charge as the voltage setting is approached.

2 hours ago, Coulomb said:

? I don't know the Growatts, but I'd be surprised if they didn't allow powering loads with PV, so the PV won't get "switched off" when the batteries are full. 

? Again, I don't know about Growatts but I'd be very surprised if they didn't taper the charge as the voltage setting is approached.

Attached you will find the solar charging up the batteries to 100% then running of batteries till 94% then charging again

Capture+_2021-09-16-18-30-22.png