Another Sunsynk Hubble Installation

• 3 months later...
On 2021/03/30 at 5:07 PM, Leshen said:

Sunsynk 5kw, 2 x 5.5kwh Hubble Batteries, 14 x 390w JA Solar, 2 in/2 out Protection box, control box and earth neutral bridge. 

DEBA2C93-A43A-4182-BFEE-DDE5B156583A.jpeg

The Sunsynk manual shows dedicated  isolation switches between the inverter and the load, batteries and PV. I don’t see those anywhere. Are they not required by the SA standards?

55 minutes ago, PowerUser said:

The Sunsynk manual shows dedicated  isolation switches between the inverter and the load, batteries and PV. I don’t see those anywhere. Are they not required by the SA standards?

You don’t see those anywhere in the picture?

Guys if you want to learn you have to ask nicely, there is obviously grid and solar change over in the bottom combiner box and surge arresistors and fuses top box. The strings don't need to be combined since the inverter has 2 mppt's.

Edited by Buyeye

34 minutes ago, PowerUser said:

Nope, sorry. I only see the battery DC fuse box and the earth to neutral bonding box. Am I not looking at the right place?

You are definitely not looking at the right place. To make it easier for you here is a list of what is physically installed. 

PV Protection DB on top.

1. 2 x 600V DC SPD

2. 4 x 15A fuses in a fuse holder that can be disconnected. 

AC Combiner DB at the bottom.

1. 2 x 40A double pole circuit breakers.

2. 1 x ELCB 63A

3. 1 x Changeover switch 63A 

4. 1 x AC SPD. 

Hope this makes sense to you. 

35 minutes ago, Buyeye said:

Guys if you want to learn you have to ask nicely, there is obviously grid and solar change over in the bottom combiner box and surge arresistors and fuses top box. The strings don't need to be combined since the inverter has 2 mppt's.

I was asking nicely. Didn't mean my question to be taken in a bad way. No need to overreact either. I was referring to this particular diagram from SunSynk. You can see the isolator switches (in yellow) clearly outside the DBs. I thought maybe, there is requirement for them to be installed separate and independent from the DBs. by some standard.

Then again, is there an isolator switch between the batteries and the inverter in the above picture somewhere? I only see the fuse box.

@Leshen, sorry please don't take my questions in a bad way!

sunsynk-diag.thumb.PNG.b475e6a7693effda4c5a868c9ce68ac1.PNG

Edited by PowerUser

5 hours ago, Buyeye said:

The AC and Solar isolators/breakers are in the bottom combiner box next to the DB along with the change over switch.

Ok, thanks! I understand better now what's going on there. There is a separate DB for the isolators.