Sunsynk 8.8kw inverter with 3x 51.2v Revov Battery R100

NKay

Question

I installed the above system but it keeps on switching back to to Eskom power and it looks like the battery are not communicating with the inverter. Need some advice. 

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, NKay said:

I installed the above system but it keeps on switching back to to Eskom power and it looks like the battery are not communicating with the inverter. Need some advice. 

It's critical that you do get it sorted out, not only for battery life but also for safety (risk of fire), The Revov R100 brochure claims Sunsynk compatibility, but it isn't clear to me whether they support comms with the inverter or not, it could be that they are expecting you to set the inverter to use voltage to determine SoC, and whilst this could work, this is bad for a whole lot of reasons.

If I were you I would get hold of the supplier and determine whether comms between the battery and inverter is supported or not, if not then send the batteries back and get something else. IMHO it's far too much money to spend on something that doesn't work properly.

Keith's most recent Training video here, fast forwarded for your convenience.

I agree with Tapemeasure, if you are paying top dollar for the batteries, you want ones that are going to be speaking to the Inverter. Relying on the BMS to keep control of things is not ideal, especially when the inverter has the ability to manage things. 

On 2021/04/04 at 4:38 PM, NKay said:

Good Afternoon, Revov's R100 is compatible with the Sunsynk Invertors. Please provide your contact details to enable someone from Revov's technical department to assist you further, Otherwise kindly contact them on 010 035 6061.

Hi LiFer 

Thanks for the input, just to be 100% clear, so the Revov R100 communicates with the Sunsynk inverter using the CanBus connection? 

And another question please, is it possible to mix my batteries, say 2 x Revov R100's with my existing 2 x Bull 6.4kw Batteries? 

Thanks 🙂 

I wonder what version of Firmware they are compatible with, the document is from the middle of last year and I think that there have been firmware updates since then.

Which versions of firmware are they not compatible with?

The screens in the photo's look different to my firmware, could be old firmware?

On 2021/04/07 at 4:22 PM, Sc00bs said:

Hi LiFer 

Thanks for the input, just to be 100% clear, so the Revov R100 communicates with the Sunsynk inverter using the CanBus connection? 

And another question please, is it possible to mix my batteries, say 2 x Revov R100's with my existing 2 x Bull 6.4kw Batteries? 

Thanks 🙂 

Afternoon,

The Revov R100 units have full communications via CAN with SunSynk range. It does require technical assistance which is readily available through the technical department which you can contact on 010 035 6061.

In regards to your second question– The Revov R100 units will communicate with each other as well as the inverter (of approved list) as well. Unfortunately they do not communicate with batteries of different brands. The solution to that would be to configure the inverter on a voltage setting and ensuring the 4 batteries are attached through a bus bar system of industry standard with accompanying fuses.

On 2021/04/08 at 7:28 PM, Sc00bs said:

I wonder what version of Firmware they are compatible with, the document is from the middle of last year and I think that there have been firmware updates since then.

Which versions of firmware are they not compatible with?

The screens in the photo's look different to my firmware, could be old firmware?

The Revov R100 units are fully compatible with the latest firmware of both SunSynk and Victron brands.

If you have any further questions, please provide your contact details to enable someone from Revov's technical department to assist you further, Otherwise kindly contact them on 010 035 6061.