My Sunsynk 8Kw & data collection setup

1 hour ago, jacauc said:

Looks good!

General note: I'm busy simplifying a lot of my HA Node Red flows for easier management so simplification and untangling the connectors is fresh in my mind.

You may find it much neater to use "link in" and "link out" nodes, even if it is on the same flow. Small sections where steps are repeated can be reused with msg parameters passed to them.

But function over form I guess 😀

Ok, so if I am understanding you correctly, by putting the names of the devices into the message parameters, I could cut out the 4 individual loops I have, one for each individual device, and replace it with one loop. Makes sense, thanks for pointing that out, that can be my next project 🙂   

54 minutes ago, jacauc said:

Also, I recommend using the "events: state" node instead of "current state" This allows you to avoid this kind of looptyloop

image.png.5ecc96fdf1d1a5411813756ab41bbf42.png

Instead it can be achieved with simply:

image.thumb.png.25071c54754eb588c07084095700a2a7.png

Will change that as well, thank you for the suggestions, am still working out how this thing works so all appreciated. 

13 minutes ago, Sc00bs said:

Ok, so if I am understanding you correctly, by putting the names of the devices into the message parameters, I could cut out the 4 individual loops I have, one for each individual device, and replace it with one loop. Makes sense, thanks for pointing that out, that can be my next project 🙂   

Yes that's the perfect scenario. But I also tend to use link in and link out even without fancy msg parameters to reduce the number of visible lines such as the long diagonal ones going all the way back to the beginning to check solar power >3000. First prize for replacing the 4 loops with one by using msg. 

One more piece of advice... I see you have the very first node on the top left to fire at 9:00am. I'm not sure what that is for, but if it is simply to kick off the start of the flow, this can be achieved with the built-in inject node like so... then you don't need this additional pallette

image.thumb.png.92264b26864681df5d59c2e2464dbdc2.png