Hi Guys

Need some inputs/advice on the specs for a system I am helping someone with.

Basically the plan is as follows:

1 x 8kw Sunsynk

32 x 345 watt JA Solar mono perc half cells (these are 9.86 Amp panels so should not clip on the Sunsynk and sizing of 1689mm length is major factor)

The install is planned as an east to west so we will have 16x on the east side and 16x on the west side.

On the battery side I considered the Pylons (this is what I have but on a 5kw) however given the large loads that will potentially be drawn I think something like the BSL Bull or Hubble batteries will be better suited. This is where I need some input etc.

I have seen a few of @leshen's installs but these are always only two batteries and I have a few questions.

Can you also put the AM2's in a server rack?

Are there comms between the batteries? (Cannot find a manual like you get for the Pylon's) Is is the same as Pylon's that have a master with slaves?

What would be the best way to link 3 batteries (hence thinking about a cabinet)

Or should I rather consider the BSL bull batteries - but same questions as above (except that they are clearly made for a rack mount)

On cable size, do you get cables with the above batteries? If so, what size?

Would probably have to go the busbar route connecting a 70mm^2 cable from the inverter to the busbar.

I have not really seen these size lugs for sale, any pointers here?

Any views/tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

10 hours ago, branderplank said:

Hi Guys

Need some inputs/advice on the specs for a system I am helping someone with.

Basically the plan is as follows:

1 x 8kw Sunsynk

32 x 345 watt JA Solar mono perc half cells (these are 9.86 Amp panels so should not clip on the Sunsynk and sizing of 1689mm length is major factor)

The install is planned as an east to west so we will have 16x on the east side and 16x on the west side.

On the battery side I considered the Pylons (this is what I have but on a 5kw) however given the large loads that will potentially be drawn I think something like the BSL Bull or Hubble batteries will be better suited. This is where I need some input etc.

I have seen a few of @leshen's installs but these are always only two batteries and I have a few questions.

Can you also put the AM2's in a server rack?

Are there comms between the batteries? (Cannot find a manual like you get for the Pylon's) Is is the same as Pylon's that have a master with slaves?

What would be the best way to link 3 batteries (hence thinking about a cabinet)

Or should I rather consider the BSL bull batteries - but same questions as above (except that they are clearly made for a rack mount)

On cable size, do you get cables with the above batteries? If so, what size?

Would probably have to go the busbar route connecting a 70mm^2 cable from the inverter to the busbar.

I have not really seen these size lugs for sale, any pointers here?

Any views/tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi 

Can you also put the AM2's in a server rack? Yes you can. See pic

Are there comms between the batteries? (Cannot find a manual like you get for the Pylon's) Is is the same as Pylon's that have a master with slaves? You need to purchase a CAT5E cable to link the batteries together for comms on the RS485 port. You get a manual when you purchase the battery. The master battery will have the CAN bus cable linked to the Sunsynk, DIP switches need to be set correctly.  

What would be the best way to link 3 batteries (hence thinking about a cabinet) Personally I like mounting them on the wall. 

On cable size, do you get cables with the above batteries? If so, what size? They come with 25mm2 cable 1.8m length. 

Would probably have to go the busbar route connecting a 70mm^2 cable from the inverter to the busbar. Not really.

I have not really seen these size lugs for sale, any pointers here? You do get M8 70mm lugs, however for the battery connection on the Sunsynk 8kw, you need M10

045AFE2B-40FD-4A87-9ABA-2EBD3AF032AA.png

Thanks Leshen

Is the attached pic from a thread here on the powerforum? Would like to read more about it

If joining the three batteries (+ to + and - to -), would also take the + from the top battery and the negative from bottom battery when connecting the the isolater/inverter?

Re this: You need to purchase a CAT5E cable to link the batteries together for comms on the RS485 port. 

Do you need to make up a special cable? Or would the standard 1m ethernet cable setup work? (the ones get when buying a router etc)

Thanks