Imeon 3.6 inverter for sale

Marcd50

Hi, I have an Imeon 3.6 inverter to sell, i replaced it with a 5kw Sunsynk as the Imeon does not support lithium batteries. Inverter works perfectly well and i havent had any issues with it except when a Gecko got into the unit and got stuck behind the circuit board and tripped. i did lose a screw or two of the cover when i opened the unit to get the gecko out, but not an issue as enough screws left to close the cover. Open to offers, I'm based in Port Elizabeth.

• 4 weeks later...

Although this is not the most flexible or programable inverter, I have loved the way mine works. It just does and so far I have had no issues with this after nearly 5 years of use (other than removing a dead gecko that blocked a fan :) )

Once you set these up this (IMHO) only comes second to a full Victron setup and is ideal for a starter and advanced alike. It misses some flexibility, but dammit the French made a damn good product here.

I have to wait about 3 months before I can offer you a decent price (cashflow), but anyone out there would do well to get this product.

Regards

KLEVA

(PS: Yes, I copy/pasted this response from another review/comment but my opinion remains)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I also have an Imeon installed with Monitoring Box and Smart Meter.  Solid as a rock since installation in 2016.  Was thinking of installing one at my holiday home but now also decided to go with 5kw Sunsynk and Hubble AM2.  Imeon is not supported that well in SA.

I manage to log into the settings remotely via a Dynamic DNS service activated on my Router.  The Imeon online monitoring does not allow entering settings.  With DDNS I'm able to access my Imeon from anywhere.

Very good inverter, just a pity of the support, although I've had remote support out of France.

• 1 month later...

I use an old EEEPC micro laptop permanently connected via USB and running the Imeon software. It's very slow but does the job. I access it via AnyDesk. I don't think mine has a comms link, but never checked, I was in such a hurry to install after a failed Axpert and bad batteries nearly burning my house down that was the last of my concerns. Thanks to someone else on the forum I also managed to get admin access to the software to tweak a few minor settings.

I also use the EEEPC to run 4 USB relays (connected to other high power relays further down the line) that I use to control power to certain devices at certain times of the day, and with AnyDesk I am able to remotely turn these on/off via Tablet/PC wherever I might be.

Almost off-grid, but still need grid for my wife's baking business - My solar can't handle that yet.Confused Little Girl GIF