Revov Life B100 51.2V LifePo4 Battery Pack X2

Kawaman

Hi Everyone,

Quick question, I have at present 12 255W Solar Panels a Mecer Inverter (ratio power 5000VA/4000W) DC input 48VDC  93A. I have 1 Revov Battery Pack 51.2V. Would it be safe to add a second Revov 51.2V Battery Pack?

Your answers are greatly appreciated.

Kawamanimage.png.bb5f7ca91dbc80900c81cfb10f08df0c.png258892499_RevovSpecsheet.thumb.jpg.ac05cfad96d78fa666cacd75566598df.jpg

53 minutes ago, Kawaman said:

Hi Everyone,

Quick question, I have at present 12 255W Solar Panels a Mecer Inverter (ratio power 5000VA/4000W) DC input 48VDC  93A. I have 1 Revov Battery Pack 51.2V. Would it be safe to add a second Revov 51.2V Battery Pack?

Your answers are greatly appreciated.

Kawamanimage.png.bb5f7ca91dbc80900c81cfb10f08df0c.png258892499_RevovSpecsheet.thumb.jpg.ac05cfad96d78fa666cacd75566598df.jpg

Yes you will, cos the revov batteries come with an external BMS, you will be able to add another battery. However you will be limited to 5000 as your inverter will only go that far, as long as you don't go over 5000 with your inverter, you can have lots of power with two revov batteries.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021/04/20 at 8:04 AM, Jazzy said:

Yes you will, cos the revov batteries come with an external BMS, you will be able to add another battery. However you will be limited to 5000 as your inverter will only go that far, as long as you don't go over 5000 with your inverter, you can have lots of power with two revov batteries.

No, the Revov B100 (100Ah) does not have an external BMS but rather an internal BMS. 

Nonetheless, adding a 2nd 100Ah battery will most likely improve the system's performance, specifically with regards to storing excess solar energy when the inverter load-output is low and the solar generation is high. 

I'd recommend using a Victron BMV700 or 712 (Bluetooth) to measure and report Battery State-of-Charge accurately.

1 minute ago, Kawaman said:

@Nicholas I was just thinking I have a very nice monitoring software called SolarAssistant of which I can monitor my battery performance, heat and charge rate. Would it not be an overkill using a Victron monitor as well? 🤔 Here is the link to SolarAssistant  https://solar-assistant.io/

The Axpert Inverter has a very low accuracy with regards to DC voltage measurement and SOC (State-of-charge) calculation/estimation. You will want to integrate the Victron BMV 700/712 with Solar Assistant. You'll need to find out from the software developer whether they support the Victron BMV range of battery monitors. This should then replace the information that the inverter is presenting on behalf of the battery and replace it with the more accurate information calculated by the Victron BMV equipment. 

1 hour ago, Nicholas said:

The Axpert Inverter has a very low accuracy with regards to DC voltage measurement and SOC (State-of-charge) calculation/estimation

Solar Assistant natively connects and communicates with the Revov B100 so it is reading from the battery and not the Axpert for SOC etc so this doesn't really matter.

There is a setting for V.E. direct on Solar Assistant so I think it does support the BMV700/712 ?

2 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Solar Assistant natively connects and communicates with the Revov B100 so it is reading from the battery and not the Axpert for SOC etc so this doesn't really matter.

There is a setting for V.E. direct on Solar Assistant so I think it does support the BMV700/712 ?

I just saw on the Solar Assistant website that they have a cable that allows for direct communication with the Revov Life and 2nd Life batteries. That's great.

@Kawaman is that how your system is setup? With a communication cable connected directly to the Revov B100?

On 2021/05/11 at 12:48 PM, Nicholas said:

You will want to integrate the Victron BMV 700/712 with Solar Assistant. You'll need to find out from the software developer whether they support the Victron BMV range of battery monitors.

Example system where a Victron SmartShunt is connected via VE.Direct cable:

image.thumb.png.6ac346902d162a1036d7906fa9e51d0d.png

Very similar if you use the Victron BMV via VE.Direct cable:

image.thumb.png.2bc830393e6ce5455fb5a23ccc728bac.png

On 2021/05/11 at 2:29 PM, Nicholas said:

I just saw on the Solar Assistant website that they have a cable that allows for direct communication with the Revov Life and 2nd Life batteries. That's great.

Since SolarAssistant can read Revov directly, you don't need Victron shunts as others noted in this topic.  This is what a direct connection to Revov looks like:

image.png.6b02354c60a81d6f6cec4717e9aa4339.png

If your inverter can't read your BMS directly, then you can use one of the connections above to switch inverter between modes as described below:

https://solar-assistant.io/help/power-management/axpert

We are currently working on adding RS485 support for Revov, which will be ready in the next week or two.  At that point we will most likely stop selling RS232 cables for Revov and start selling it's RS485 cable.  Some Revov batteries doesn't have an RS232 port.  The software will keep on supporting both options.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sollar Assistant,

could you please show cable configuration if i want to direct connection from your device to battery BMS, like a revov battery or something like pylon

i want to make it for my battery pack Huawei ESM48100B3

Thank you

Alkafak