Axpert vmii 5kva the battery internal 150 A fuse blown and still short all components

tanveerhabib123

7 hours ago, tanveerhabib123 said:

Hello I have an inverter having serial number 16-500859-00G,

That's the printed circuit assembly part number, not the inverter serial number.

it again and again blew 150A internal fuse and when I check it on multimeter the whole components mentions in green shows short. so how to trouble shoot it.

Use the VM II service manual I uploaded to this forum this morning. Perhaps also the attached check guide.

The most likely culprits are the 16 MOSFETs. At least one pair will be shorting battery + to battery -.

I've only ever seen 200 A fuses in 5 kVA models. And they very rarely if ever blow. Clear the short before trying again.

3-5KVA GE check manual 20170203-2 13 13-17.pdf

• 11 months later...
On 2021/04/24 at 6:39 AM, Coulomb said:

That's the printed circuit assembly part number, not the inverter serial number.

Use the VM II service manual I uploaded to this forum this morning. Perhaps also the attached check guide.

The most likely culprits are the 16 MOSFETs. At least one pair will be shorting battery + to battery -.

I've only ever seen 200 A fuses in 5 kVA models. And they very rarely if ever blow. Clear the short before trying again.

3-5KVA GE check manual 20170203-2 13 13-17.pdf 1.71 MB · 23 downloads

Hello, I have again another issue in this same inverter, on the same inverter I get Error code 09 so what is the solution please tell me thanks.

7 hours ago, tanveerhabib said:

Error code 09 so what is the solution

Fault code 09 means Bus Soft Start failure. Usually this means that the 400V bus is shorted, usually because two or more IGBTs have failed shorted. As Jadav mentioned above, this often damages gate driver components like resistors and diodes, sometimes also the isolating driver chips, which are 8 pin devices, often white in colour, but can also be black. 

If you're getting repeated catastrophic failures like this, then it might not be worth repairing a second time. There has been a recent spate of VM II clones, and some seem to be very poor quality.

Switching power electronics like this is something of an art to design well, keeping inductance low, knowing where to place snubbers and what values to use. These circuits get hot, so it's important to choose components with long lifetimes, which will not be the cheapest parts.