Jump to content

Pylontech US3000C Firmware


Henwilsch
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2021/04/27 at 11:27 PM, Henwilsch said:

Hi I just received new firmware from Pylontech

I had a quick peek, and if anyone cares, it appears to be an ARM little endian processor. Some ascii text in the image. Being a binary blob, I haven't found the proper start address. It's possibly a mix of thumb and A32 instructions, i.e. Thumb 2.

Edited by Coulomb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2021/08/28 at 5:10 AM, Chris Louw said:

Hi using  3 Pylontech 3000 for more than 2 years and is functioning good from day 1. What will be the benefits if firmware is upgraded. Don't even know what firmware is loaded. Thanks

Please take note this is not for the US3000 but for the new US3000C battery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys

We have a Victron System, Multiplus 48V5000 250/100 MPPT and 2 x Pylontech 3000A batteries.
The System is set to ESS UPS mode as backup for ESKOM (Keep Battery Charged).  

In preparation for adding two more 3000C batteries, we upgrade the 3000A batteries from V1.3 to V3.4 as needed.

We now have the Pylontech the Muliplus Charger cycling the Battery Voltage during the night (No MPPT input).
There are no coms errorrs in any logs or module errors.        

Any ideas please, we check all the settings and all are the same as before the V3.4 upgrade.
(Our dealer has no idea either)   

 

image.png.d07cc7ceb901d20720ba4507a1c54890.pngimage.png.7c440b691a008cd545ff1f5900f9ac93.png 

 

Interesting on the GX screen under Pylontech -> Parameters, the CCL is 0.0   
(Daytime while MPPT is delivering power the voltage is 52.4V)

image.png.476a3b30b4b0312a2b1b9f21db6bc181.png

 

Pylontech Batteryview V3.0.24:

image.png.c3fce4650fcc69ccabbf7413787c4137.png

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you perhaps share your ESS and DVCC screens as well please?

Worrying is that the battery view charge and discharge info went missing? I think, because of that the GX info reverts to 0 for CCL.

Edited by Sarel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think your ESS was not setup correctly, it looks like from what you posted. Likely your dealer will have to fix this as it involves the VE.Bus setup using VE Configure. Have a look at this: Pylontech on ESS I take it the BMS Can port is connected to the GX (or the VE.Can port with proper speed adjustment) 

On the DVCC, as per the above article, the DVCC should read forced on, it's quite important. Chance are, in this case, some of the other required settings as per the article, may also then be suspect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Sarel,  

Thanks again fro assisting.

We do have a MK3 and do our own firmware upgrades when necessary (being a technology company we like to understand and manage these things) 
I have added the ESS configuration above, perhaps after you replied?

I attached the rvsc file below,  if you have a momenet to upload and verify it for us. (VEConfigure) 

Thanks for the document link - that is the one we used to confirm the settings, plus the settings files we saved from before the V3.4 upgrade.
We have kepty everything the same. 

 

Randmental_inst_ttyO1_Interfaces_Mk2_Tunnel.rvsc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sarel,

 

If I may ask,  are this correct?   We have no experience with the Pylontech batterries on this level,  before the upgrade to V3.4 was done.
This is only aspect  we see that potentially cause those cycling ?

Is it normal for these to fields be empty (Null)? 

  

hs2021_1176.jpg

Edited by Randmental
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is worrying is two factors, firstly that the DVCC is not forced on. Secondly that the Battery software is not supplying the charge and discharge current to the GX. Normally with a connected battery, the GX rely on that info. Will dig into you file a bit later….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Randmental said:

image.png

I had a look at your config file and all checks out. The above image that you posted shows CCL as 0Amps. This info is communicated from the BMS to the GX. No matter what settings you do, these 3 comes from the BMS. The 2 Charge and discharge currents in Batteryview (shown as CCL and DCL above image seems to be related as described above.

Have you tried resetting the batteries and the GX? Also what GX do you have, CCGX or something else? Have the GX comms cable perhaps been unplugged, or not plugged in correctly like in only partially or are there bent pins maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks you Sarel, appreciate your time - this all started after moving the two US3000A to the Version 3.4.

I did press the SW red reset buttons today just icase, and reset the GX as well.  The GX is the one in the large EasySolar 
Send me you details to randmental @gmail.com, then I add you to the remote access.

regards
    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...