Axpert /mecer 1.5kva hybrid inverter IGBTŚ

Wayne Cioccale

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Wayne

I would use the "irgp4066d" as a replacement for the "gp4063" and  "stgw80h65" as a replacement for the "GW45HF60WDA ". They have a better rating. I use them on the 4kw inverters I repair with no problem, remember to check the igbt gate drivers as well.  hope this helps

regards

7 hours ago, Dewald Brink said:

Hi Wayne

I would use the "irgp4066d" as a replacement for the "gp4063" and  "stgw80h65" as a replacement for the "GW45HF60WDA ". They have a better rating. I use them on the 4kw inverters I repair with no problem, remember to check the igbt gate drivers as well.  hope this helps

regards

Great help thanks Dewald. What could be the most common cause for all 9 to blow and another thing that puzzles me is the 5x igbt's, I understand the working of 4 or 6 but 5?

HI Wayne

Sure no problem, I can not say for sure what will cause all of them to fail. have you removed them from the board? I have had some of them measure short when in circuit but ok out of circuit this is because the all run on the high voltage bus. from what I can tell the 4 x irgp4066 igbt's functions is to generate the 230V sine wave in inverter mode. The 5 x Stwg80h65 are used in two ways, in inverter mode they act as a bridge rectifier, when the unit is in charging mode they act as a power supply to charge the battery.

I had a unit fail because of two smd resisters 2x10 ohm and 2x100ohm failing on the gate driving circuit of the power supply side. 

The problem is that if one igbt fail on the high voltage bus it will overload the rest and this could cause them all to fail

hope this helps,