[Axpert] LINKQNET 5KVA PF1 48VDC 4000W MPPT monitoring

Mohammad

Hi All

Im pretty much a noob at this but I am struggling to figure out my monitoring my inverter setup

LINKQNET [Axpert] 5kVA PF1 48VDC 4000W MPPT
4x 48V 100AH Hubble Lithium batteries

The short version is that I have implemented a few similar setup (but 3kVA) and I could add to Zabbix monitoring via the USB cable to Raspberyy Pi.

This new inverter does not use a USB connection but has a RJ-45 connector to comms port adapter.
I can't get it to talk to the Raspberry Pi
I have tried the Watch Power app but it does not work.It detects device on COM 7 but no readings back from Watch Power.

Any pointers or advice please.

Thanks,

Mo

It's possible that the inverter does not support WatchPower. Can you identify it against one of the genuine Axpert versions then check?

I recently bought an EASun Isolar SMG II 5KP and had exactly the same problem. It has no USB port, the COM port identified but no communication with WatchPower. I asked EASun and they confirmed it didn't have (this version of) RS232 comms. Maybe the clue was that there was no CD in the box even though there was a cable and it mentioned it in the user guide.

Fortunately they accepted the return and I bought a different version that does work with WatchPower.

Did you receive a CD?

On 2021/05/05 at 11:36 PM, Mohammad said:

LINKQNET [Axpert] 5kVA PF1 48VDC 4000W MPPT

That seems suspicious to me. 4000 W divided by 5 kVA = PF 0.8. The 4000 W looks like it's intended to describe the MPPT, but the specifications for the model I find when I use the above as a search term is for max 50 A charge current (4000 W), and max 2400 V panels.

Hopefully it's really an Axpert MKS PF1, and they just supplied the wrong specifications (one for an Axpert KS, by the looks, the PWM non-MPPT model).

But the lack of a USB port is very strange, as is not working with Watchpower. I wonder if there is a new batch of clones that aren't fully compatible.

• 8 months later...
On 2021/05/06 at 6:50 AM, Acuario said:

It's possible that the inverter does not support WatchPower. Can you identify it against one of the genuine Axpert versions then check?

I recently bought an EASun Isolar SMG II 5KP and had exactly the same problem. It has no USB port, the COM port identified but no communication with WatchPower. I asked EASun and they confirmed it didn't have (this version of) RS232 comms. Maybe the clue was that there was no CD in the box even though there was a cable and it mentioned it in the user guide.

Fortunately they accepted the return and I bought a different version that does work with WatchPower.

Did you receive a CD?

It must be using a different protocol and we need to idetify the other models thata re identical to this one.

I opened ISolar SMGII 5KP and it has both USB and RS232 cipsets and connectors and you can see all connections and board by downlaoding the video below and I also attached 2 pictures :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vTVmUU79kyTTm4LnIqdnN-FFFqlcMHiT/view

Any suggestions about all the other cloned models that are similar to this one ?

rs232 and usb on iSolar SMGII 5kp front view.jpg

rs232 and usb on iSolar SMGII 5kp.jpg