Pylontech 3000C and 3000

ALP

I have an Axpert King 5K ,

Raspberry Pi with Pylontech 3000C cable,

Pylontech 1 x 3000C as master and 2 x Pylontech 3000 batteries and 12 x 330 PV panels.

The issue I have is that the 3000C as master keep on providing an alarm since I have added it to the pack. 2021/05/07

I notice when the alarm is on that the SOC on the 3 batteries are different or jumping around. Normally indicating 44% and 66%

I see this normally happen only when the Inverter is in battery mode and not on Grid or PV. 

Once I reset the batteries I see that the SOC are different and that the 3000C has the highest SOC.

3000C = 63 3000 = 21 and 3000 = 50

image.png.c73ef09bed3528c6a17fb12804d8d7eb.png

image.png.41951fe6e642e27d8f51e71bc1262a1e.png

On 2021/05/14 at 8:27 AM, ALP said:

an alarm since I have added it to the pack

Did you balance the batteries before adding the 3000C?  If not, you absolutely need to do that.  There are lots of discussions here about it, but essentially fully charge old batteries, disconnect, fit new battery, fully charge, then connect all batteries.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Did you balance the batteries before adding the 3000C?  If not, you absolutely need to do that.  There are lots of discussions here about it, but essentially fully charge old batteries, disconnect, fit new battery, fully charge, then connect all batteries.

Yip, that has to be done anyway. There is a known issue with the US3000C models when mixed with other US2000 or US3000A/B models. Firmware v1.9 for the US3000C resolves this problem. The error seen in the logs is a general SYSERROR. 

Hi, does somebody have a link to the latest update for both the US3000B and US3000C and the latest version of Battery view? (I have some old version that can't read US3000C)

I have 2 US3000B from mid 2019, another one bought some months later and a recent US3000C, I have never updated them so they probably don't have the lastest firmware, I do have the necesary console cables

I've definitely seen the US3000C getting stuck in protection a few times though it's rare it sure is annoying so if an update will fix it I will do it

Also I can't currently see the cycles of the US3000B Batteries, only the US3000C cicles, I think I've heard somewhere that updating the batteries will fix it

Not sure if the US3000B need to be updated aswell or only the US3000C to fix all this

On 2021/05/19 at 8:44 PM, Anonymous_Llopi said:

Hi, does somebody have a link to the latest update for both the US3000B and US3000C and the latest version of Battery view? (I have some old version that can't read US3000C)

I have 2 US3000B from mid 2019, another one bought some months later and a recent US3000C, I have never updated them so they probably don't have the lastest firmware, I do have the necesary console cables

I've definitely seen the US3000C getting stuck in protection a few times though it's rare it sure is annoying so if an update will fix it I will do it

Also I can't currently see the cycles of the US3000B Batteries, only the US3000C cicles, I think I've heard somewhere that updating the batteries will fix it

Not sure if the US3000B need to be updated aswell or only the US3000C to fix all this

I've contacted Pylontech and they have given me the latests versions for both US3000C and US3000B (they say these are actually US3000A or something like that, the update file has US3000A on it)

Latest version for US3000C is 2.1

Latest version for US3000B is 2.8

I've updated the US3000C first, but I still couldn't see the amount of cycles the US3000B have on ICC,  It hasn't gone into alarm for no reason for now

After updating all the US3000B (1.3 and 1.4 firmwares) I can now see the cycles on ICC, so that's fixed

Also they gave me latest battery view version 3.0.24

Cheers

6 minutes ago, Anonymous_Llopi said:

I've contacted Pylontech and they have given me the latests versions for both US3000C and US3000B (they say these are actually US3000A or something like that, the update file has US3000A on it)

Latest version for US3000C is 2.1

Latest version for US3000B is 2.8

I've updated the US3000C first, but I still couldn't see the amount of cycles the US3000B have on ICC,  It hasn't gone into alarm for no reason for now

After updating all the US3000B (1.3 and 1.4 firmwares) I can now see the cycles on ICC, so that's fixed

Also they gave me latest battery view version 3.0.24

Cheers

Excellent.

Please share the latest firmware and BatteryView for all of us. 

3 hours ago, PurePower said:

Excellent.

Please share the latest firmware and BatteryView for all of us. 

BatteryView_us_series_3.0.24.zip.7z

Pylontech Low Voltage Battery Mornitoring and Maintenance Tool Guidance(1).pdf

us_c_v2.1_Crc.bin

us3000a_V2.8_Crc.bin

US_C 2.1 is for US3000C

US3000A 2.8 is for US3000B

Cheers

Just wanted to say thanks for this - really appreciate it 🙂

Ever since I added my last Pylon US3000 to my pack, I have been having comms problems (e.g., cycles not reporting for the older ones). Turned out my older 3 were running v1.3 and the latest one v2.4. Upgraded all of them to v2.8 tonight without problems - and now all data is reported as should be

Hi All,

Have the same situation with the alarm light on 2*US3000B and new 2*US3000C. With a Sunsynk 8KW inverter

Have a few questions before attempting the updates.

When updating the Pylontech US3000B/C, is it OK to just update with the last version of software as provided above?

Is the console port cable and a usb-serial converter ready to use or needs modifying? Can one purchase the cable/converter online?

Will highly appreciate all feedback.

1 hour ago, mojive said:

Hi All,

Have the same situation with the alarm light on 2*US3000B and new 2*US3000C. With a Sunsynk 8KW inverter

Have a few questions before attempting the updates.

When updating the Pylontech US3000B/C, is it OK to just update with the last version of software as provided above?

Is the console port cable and a usb-serial converter ready to use or needs modifying? Can one purchase the cable/converter online?

Will highly appreciate all feedback.

You need a RS232 to USB converter, the converters nomally have a male conector, so the cables you need to do will need a Female DB9 conector (that's how the conector is called, RS232 is the protocol), heres one:

https://www.amazon.com/HL-340-Serial-Adapter-Support-Windows7/dp/B08QJNJP6P/ref=sr_1_55?dchild=1&keywords=rs232+to+usb&qid=1622562550&sr=8-55

you only need 1 USB to RS232 converter (you can just change it when using the Bs or the Cs) but pylontech US3000B uses a diferent console port conector from US3000C so you actually need to make 2 different cables for each version

US3000B uses RJ11 on the console port, which is the same used by telephone lines (you might have one lying arround)

https://i.imgur.com/Gpkg8DX.jpg

US3000C uses RJ45 on the console port, which is the same as the LAN cables used for cabled internet on PCs for example (you might also have one lying arround)

QTT9pPT.jpg

So you will need to get that RS232 to USB converter, 2 DB9 female conectors, 1 RJ11 cable with all 4 cables (some don't come with all 4 cables), and 1 RJ45 cable (with all cables as well)

I would get a multimeter on continuity test to test which cable is which

mix the cables as showed above and tape up every cable with electrical tape

I'm pretty sure you can buy the US3000B cable somewhere but they are very overpriced

I haven't seen the US3000C cable premade though

Yes the updates up there will work as long as you use the US3000B update for the US3000B and the US3000C update for the US3000C

Cheers

20 hours ago, mojive said:

Can one purchase the cable/converter online?

I've previously purchased the USB cable for the US3000B from ICC and it worked like a charm on my Windows laptop to update my US3000B's

18 hours ago, Anonymous_Llopi said:

I'm pretty sure you can buy the US3000B cable somewhere but they are very overpriced

I haven't seen the US3000C cable premade though

I have also seen cables for both US3000B and US3000C available from the Solar Assistant website

1 hour ago, FixAMess said:

What is the correct update file for USB3000A, is it the same as the US3000B"?

Yes, for some reason pylontech themselves say to use the US3000A update for US3000B batteries, they probably have the same BMS or something, the difference between an A battery and a B battery it's probably very minor, I don't think I have ever even seen an A battery 

They specifically told me about this update

Cheers

1 minute ago, Anonymous_Llopi said:

Yes, for some reason pylontech themselves say to use the US3000A update for US3000B batteries, they probably have the same BMS or something, the difference between an A battery and a B battery it's probably very minor, I don't think I have ever even seen an A battery 

They specifically told me about this update

Cheers

Yip, that is correct, even the US2000 has exactly the same board, only difference being the 50aH vs 74aH capacity. 

When you update it with the firmware on this thread, it will say US3000A. I tried it on my US2000B/Plus and it also worked but the capacity was incorrect and even though i could update the aH value, it didn't take effect. All the SOC values and cycle counts changed based on the 74aH capacity. I reverted it to firmware v2.4 for the US2000B/Pluss which is the latest I have. 

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

I have successfully applied the update to all my Pylons.

One MAJOR disappointment - the "stuck at 89% SOC" bug is still present. 😂

What is your setup? Inverter and what charge parameters are you using?

10 minutes ago, PurePower said:

What is your setup? Inverter and what charge parameters are you using?

The issue is with the battery's BMS - nothing to do with Inverters.

The BMS reports SOC correctly when discharging.  When charging however it "sticks" at 89% until the battery is in reality at about 99%, then it quickly catches up and goes to 100%.

It has been much discussed, including on this post: Pylontech SOC jump while charging - Batteries - Power Forum - Renewable Energy Discussion

7 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The BMS reports SOC correctly when discharging.  When charging however it "sticks" at 89% until the battery is in reality at about 99%, then it quickly catches up and goes to 100%.

It has been much discussed, including on this post: Pylontech SOC jump while charging - Batteries - Power Forum - Renewable Energy Discussion

Yip, that is pretty normal... the best is to check the aH capacities of the various cells in the module. 

image.thumb.png.340bbdd00317e3417292fe130a895501.png

13 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I've seen my Us3000C do that exact same thing, not sure if the update fixed the issue for me, it might have actually

Cheers