8kw sunsynk new installation

Hi, im new to the solar game... Im wanting to buy a 8kw inverter with 3 us3oo0 batteries. What is the max 345w ja solar panels i can run on it. Parallel and series... Please need some assistance. Thanks

2 hours ago, gerardm said:

Voc is 41.25 and isc is 9.2A...what i noticed on the 8kw label it states 18A but in the book shows 22A. Which one is correct... I just dont want to blow the mppts

As Keith from Sunsynk always says, its not the current that kills the inverter (MPPTs) but rather the voltage. If your panels produce more current than the MPPTs are rated for, it is no issue, as the MPPT will limit the current to its design spec, but you will be wasting as your array will never be fully utilized. Also, 18A is per MPPT, and the Sunsynk 8kW has 2 MPPTs. 18A per MPPT is a lot and I don't think you will easily find a panel that produces that much current. 

The way I went about was to select panels that has a current close to what the MPPTs are rated for, and then I selected the number of panels per array to achieve the highest SAFE voltage (Voc) allowable by the MPPTs. Lastly, I selected the wattage per panel (depending on my available roof space, etc) to achieve the required kW as calculated by my usage.

On 2021/05/15 at 4:09 PM, gerardm said:

Voc is 41.25 and isc is 9.2A...what i noticed on the 8kw label it states 18A but in the book shows 22A. Which one is correct... I just dont want to blow the mppts

The upgrade to 22A came in recently, so it depends on which one you get. Some older ones are capable of a 22A upgrade via firmware, you need to send the serial # to the Sunsynk Whatsapp support group for them to confirm. Best to ask your supplier to ensure that it is the 22A capable version.