Growatt SPF5000ES "discharging power"

tetrasection

Hey guys,

Just got this inverter installed and downloaded the app that goes with it.

Only got a few lights on, load is 28W, no sun so only getting 17W on the panels. What's confusing me is the "discharging power" which is sitting at 212W. Does this mean that the inverter is consuming 201W??? Can that be right?

Screenshot_ShinePhone.thumb.jpg.e8acb5b42eda2bb87042b37bad2f9231.jpg

Hmm....  Just switched the panels off and it seems to be normal now:

Screenshot_20210520-181900_ShinePhone.thumb.jpg.d93d01b8bec5f75d710927d9681dfc1a.jpg

Also noticed that when the panels are on, they are "producing" a small amount of power even though it's dark. Plus, when I switch them on, there seems to be a drain on the battery cause the voltage drops by a couple points.

Is the inverter somehow "charging" the solar panels?

Any idea what's going on here?

25 minutes ago, Buyeye said:

Hi first of all congratulations and welcome to the club. The inverter uses about 60 watts to power itself. I don't think we can call 17 watts significant was probably right when the sun set.

Thanks Buyeye,

Dunno if I explained it that well before, let me try again.

Right now my load is at 69W and the batteries are discharging at 74W, (they are at 49.5V).

(2 minutes later): So I just switched the panels on and the battery voltage immediately dropped to 49.1V, it tells me that I'm getting 19W from the panels (even though it's completely dark), and the battery discharge went up to 265W.

This tells me that the panels are somehow consuming about 200W of power. Is this an inverter fault or could it be a ground leak in the panel cable (which is underground)?

Surely the inverter shouldn't be leaking power out of the panel inputs?

Edited by tetrasection

Sorry If I didn't your question and no offense intended, those numbers are so small that I can't make anything of them. Maybe let the system settle and see what it looks like tomorrow?

Is there no grid input or is your return to grid setting lower than 49 volt? and where is your fridge ,TV and Pc's?

13 minutes ago, Buyeye said:

Sorry If I didn't your question and no offense intended, those numbers are so small that I can't make anything of them. Maybe let the system settle and see what it looks like tomorrow?

Is there no grid input or is your return to grid setting lower than 49 volt? and where is your fridge ,TV and Pc's?

It's off-grid.

200W constant load is 2.4kwh of extra battery capacity I need every night, and an extra 4.8kwh that I need to charge every day... 

But yeah I'll see what it does when the sun is shining before calling the supplier.

Edited by tetrasection