Sunsynk 8kw with 3 x Hubble AM2

1 minute ago, branderplank said:

Glad to hear

Do you also connect the positive of one battery and the negative of the opposite end battery to the inverter (similar to how pylontech are connected)?

Yes positive from battery 1 and negative from battery 3 to inverter. 

On 2021/06/04 at 10:29 PM, Leshen said:

Yes positive from battery 1 and negative from battery 3 to inverter. 

Hi Leshen, as a matter of interest, please could you clarify this? Are you saying that you basically connected your batteries in series and then to your inverter? Surely not as this would give you 153v where the inverter input voltage from the batteries is rated at 48v. So I am sure I have misunderstood you...!

I assume you connected the three batteries in parallel to maintain 48v then connected the +ve and -ve terminals to the inverter...?

Could you please provide a brief sketch to clarify? Apologies if this sounds trivial. 

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Trev said:

Hi Leshen, as a matter of interest, please could you clarify this? Are you saying that you basically connected your batteries in series and then to your inverter? Surely not as this would give you 153v where the inverter input voltage from the batteries is rated at 48v. So I am sure I have misunderstood you...!

I assume you connected the three batteries in parallel to maintain 48v then connected the +ve and -ve terminals to the inverter...?

Could you please provide a brief sketch to clarify? Apologies if this sounds trivial. 

Thanks!

Hi Trev. 

See attached pic. 

2D4D4BCD-0725-4616-9237-8B2C165D41CE.jpeg

@Leshen

Hi Leshen wolud the Voc not be 445.05 . Its JA 535watt 49.45 Voc STC. Or is it another model. Because im stuck between  a rock and a hard place trying to get the most off the mppt on the Sunsyk 8kva second mppt any suggestions. 

Edited by John2

12 minutes ago, John2 said:

@Leshen

Hi Leshen wolud the Voc not be 445.05 . Its JA 535watt 49.45 Voc STC. Or is it another model. Because im stuck between  a rock and a hard place trying to get the most off the mppt on the Sunsyk 8kva second mppt any suggestions. 

Hi John. 

Correct, the 535w JA solar is 49.45Voc at STC. I like installing 9 of them in series as high voltages makes for better efficiency. When measured, the Voc with 9 is around 430v which is way below the max of 500v.

You can do 18 x 535w. 2 strings of 9 on each MPPT  

9 minutes ago, Vassen said:

Hi Leshen 

These panels have a Imp of 12.9V and a Vmp of around 41V. 

The 8kw sunsynk with latest software will allow 22A per mppt (not sure if it’s really 22 or a bit less than rated like previously), meaning each string should be 11A. So you are losing 1.9A x 41V = 78W per panel which effectively means you install 535W panels but they operate like 460W on clear days. 

Even at 460w, 18 panels will give you 8kw per mppt, far more than the inverter can handle so what’s the benefit? 

Using 535W, that’s 9600w per mppt already close to the inverter limit. 

Sorry that post was a bit ambiguous. 

I meant a total of 18 panels. 535w each. 9 per MPPT. 

2 minutes ago, Vassen said:

Okay, then I guess it’s fine. 

In order to get the max out the inverter one could stick with around the 400w panels which has a Imp of around the 11A mark, then you could install 2 strings of 8 per mppt which takes you to around 6400W with some room for losses. 

That’s 32 panels totaling 12800w. Theoretically that’s great however I doubt many will do that. 

10 hours ago, Leshen said:

That’s 32 panels totaling 12800w. Theoretically that’s great however I doubt many will do that. 

Do you know what the sunsynk will do with the excess pv. My initial install only had 8kw of pv but I added more a couple of months ago taking it to 10.4kw of solar panels. 

It's winter so I don't get close to the 7kw during peak pv production. What will happen in summer when the panels are pushing out 10kw? Will it simply clip it to 8kw to supply the loads of charge the batteries? 

Theoretically you could have over 9kw(22A*450v) of panels on each of the MPPTs of the 8kw sunsynk which is 18kw of solar panels. 

2 minutes ago, Achmat said:

Do you know what the sunsynk will do with the excess pv. My initial install only had 8kw of pv but I added more a couple of months ago taking it to 10.4kw of solar panels. 

It's winter so I don't get close to the 7kw during peak pv production. What will happen in summer when the panels are pushing out 10kw? Will it simply clip it to 8kw to supply the loads of charge the batteries? 

Theoretically you could have over 9kw(22A*450v) of panels on each of the MPPTs of the 8kw sunsynk which is 18kw of solar panels. 

The Sunsynk will only allow a max of 10400w of PV (8000w inversion and 2400w DC to DC). Even with 18000w panels, 8000w will be inverted and 2400w via the DC to DC converter to charge the battery. When the battery is full, an 18kw array will then only generate 8kw. So in my opinion, it’s a waste to overspec and unnecessary costs to a client. 

25 minutes ago, Saliegh said:

@Leshen would you say a 5kW SunSynk paired with 14 x 455W mono panels on a 5kW Hubble is at its optimal? 7 on each mppt, east and west configuration.

Yes perfect if you only have an East/West facing roof. Best would still be North facing. 

18 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Yes perfect if you only have an East/West facing roof. Best would still be North facing. 

Thanks for affirming that.

Yeah, that's just how my house has been built. The roof does not have a very steep pitch. I get sunlight on the east face well into the afternoon.