New EVs arriving soon

chrisc

Understand the VW ID-4 will be on sale in SA in 2022

Two friends, one in Paris and one in Leicester (UK) are both on their second EVs

Paris lady has a Renault ZOE.  She says the range and performance exceed the first Renault she had by a large margin.  Last week she did a trip from Paris to Geneva (430km).  She travelled between 120 and 130km/hr and stopped at 12.30 for lunch at a motorway services.   There are 22 charge points and 4 were available.  If you buy lunch at the Auchan food market, you get a €22 voucher for the recharge cost as well as some free charging.   The actual recharge took 55 mins, that got it to 100% capacity.   She works at a Paris university and can charge her car free twice a week for 20 mins on campus.  She has an Auchan app on her phone to pay for charges

Leicester (also a lady) now has a Peugeot e208.  Only had it 3 weeks.  Had an e-Mini before which was ok, but very harsh ride.  It went into a BMW dealership for a brake issue and they managed to drive it off a ramp and write it off.   Even more annoying was that they were totally unapologetic and only started talking financial compensation after the insurance co got into the act

Volkswagen ID.4: Bekijk de Prijs & Review hier - Mountox

13 minutes ago, chrisc said:

Leicester (also a lady) now has a Peugeot e208.  Only had it 3 weeks.  Had an e-Mini before which was ok, but very harsh ride.  It went into a BMW dealership for a brake issue and they managed to drive it off a ramp and write it off.   Even more annoying was that they were totally unapologetic and only started talking financial compensation after the insurance co got into the act

Yowsers, a harsh ride indeed!

I am also looking forward to my first runabout electric car. I have a huge excess of solar production, so to me it makes a lot of sense.