Battery backup solution

Looks neat, @Leshen

I am also looking at putting in a pure battery backup solution in another place I own. I still have an old Axpert here that I want to use for that, but was not sure on what lithium battery to use. Maybe you can provide some advice please:

1. The Hubble does not have any problems with not being regularly cycled? I understand that they Pylons give out an error message and hence are not the right battery for a pure UPS solution. But in your experience, the Hubble works for that?
  2. I understand that lithium's do not like to be at 100% SOC when being permanently connected to a charger. On my laptop, I can select how I mostly use it, and if I select that I mostly work while connected to AC, it keeps the battery level at 79% SOC to extend the lifetime. How do you manage something like this? Or do you keep the Hubble always at 100%?

Thanks in advance 🙂

2 hours ago, wolfandy said:

Looks neat, @Leshen

I am also looking at putting in a pure battery backup solution in another place I own. I still have an old Axpert here that I want to use for that, but was not sure on what lithium battery to use. Maybe you can provide some advice please:

1. The Hubble does not have any problems with not being regularly cycled? I understand that they Pylons give out an error message and hence are not the right battery for a pure UPS solution. But in your experience, the Hubble works for that?
  2. I understand that lithium's do not like to be at 100% SOC when being permanently connected to a charger. On my laptop, I can select how I mostly use it, and if I select that I mostly work while connected to AC, it keeps the battery level at 79% SOC to extend the lifetime. How do you manage something like this? Or do you keep the Hubble always at 100%?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Nice neat install as always @Leshen

@wolfandy I do know that Hubble have engineered the BMS in the Hubble S-100 (Lead Acid replacement battery) to not charge to 100% fully, by charging individual cells no more that 3.2V. This appears to be due to the fact that they are typically used in applications where the equipment is expecting the characteristics of a LA battery, where it is not sufficiently sophisticated to determine accurate SoC, and in most cases, does not have the means to control it. 

I am not sure about the AM-2 though, although would this not be the function of the charger? Considering that AM-2s are typically deployed together with relatively sophisticated kit?

If not, I am sure that regular cycling will mitigate longevity risks, I am just not sure of the frequency. Perhaps @HubbleLithium can weigh in, or perhaps you could log a ticket with their support line ?

Edited by YellowTapemeasure