Generator to King invertor

Barryv

Hi team

So with all the bad load shedding times, My wife was still making food and wanted to use the oven. So I connected the generator and switch over the change-over switch, the change-over is before the King inverter. so I start the generator(7kw) and all good. I could here the inverter is changing the batteries. when I walk in the kitchen I saw that my red surge plug LED's is wrong. image.png.7586f69f0fffadf5062c3a3c9b531ac5.pngso I went and switch off the generator. I check my invertor and the is shows Bypass mode. I have to switch off my invertor and backup to take it out of bypass mode. 

all my colors was correctly connect and the earth was connected.

I thing the generator is wired the wrong way or should I put a earth pin in and connect my earth to the pin?

image.png.e8b6d82868a830b6f8e4591199987ab8.png

On 2021/06/10 at 10:58 PM, Barryv said:

all my colors was correctly connect and the earth was connected.

If you plug your tester into the generator on its own, does it pass?

On 2021/06/10 at 10:58 PM, Barryv said:

I think the generator is wired the wrong way or should I put a earth pin in and connect my earth to the pin?

Certainly, the generator will need to be earthed, but presumably that should happen when connected to the house. The house earth should be good enough; a separate earth rod should not be needed, I think (I'm no expert on generators though).