ZN-Shine 440W Mono-Crystalline, Double Glass Panels

Goodday all. 

I have been lurking in the forum for a while and am considering a grid tied installation.

I would like some advice for or against if anyone has an opinion or experience with these panels above.

I had never heard of them until 2 days ago, but they do seem promising based on what I was able to find from web research, YouTube, etc.

They were suggested by the installer. 

See attached link, http://www.znshinesolar.com/product/zxm6-nh144/

The installer I may go with has done some big commercial installations, formed his own company and has done an installation at a family member's house and at his colleagues houses. So comes with a good reputation.

He suggested the Deye 5kw inverter, but I am leaning towards the sunsynk based on everything I have read here.

Other informative details: single phase, prepaid meter, 500kwh monthly usage, johanesburg location, solar geyser, gas stove. Have a separate Ellies powercube ups for router and fibre. Also have the mecer 200ah llifepo4 second Life battery and small 600w inverter to charge laptops for working from home (this was my first trip down the power backup rabbit hole :-). Would like to keep the essentials going during loadshedding and subsequent outages.

Dear @zathras

I am no expert, but here are my 2 pennies worth of comments.

No experience with the panels you mentioned, but they have a high max current of >10 A.  The Deye / Sunsynk inverters will only take a max of 18 A per MPPT, so you can only hookup 1 input per MPPT (each MPPT has 2 inputs).

I have an OHM inverter (same as Deye / Sunsynk - all made by Deye and there are many other brands), but I have noticed that only Sunsynk has any form of support and/or regular upgrades, so would agree with you about going for the Sunsynk above the Deye.

Good luck

1 hour ago, RobN said:

Dear @zathras

I am no expert, but here are my 2 pennies worth of comments.

No experience with the panels you mentioned, but they have a high max current of >10 A.  The Deye / Sunsynk inverters will only take a max of 18 A per MPPT, so you can only hookup 1 input per MPPT (each MPPT has 2 inputs).

I have an OHM inverter (same as Deye / Sunsynk - all made by Deye and there are many other brands), but I have noticed that only Sunsynk has any form of support and/or regular upgrades, so would agree with you about going for the Sunsynk above the Deye.

Good luck

The newer Sunsynk's MPPTs take 13A and 22A for the 5K and 8K respectively. Even for some of the older ones with updated firmware, contact the Sunsynk WhatsApp support group with serial # to confirm.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

The design the installer showed me had 14 panels. Should have rather said hybrid above as system would have a battery and there isn't net metering in Joburg I believe.

Installer has gone quiet after I showed him comparative prices for the sunsynk and asked him to quote on pylontech batteries instead of Revov 2nd life.

In the meantime I've decided to continue my solar learning journey. Bought a small mppt from a forum member 2nd hand. Also have a single panel on order and some rail less clamps. Will try a DIY install to my existing inverter and battery if I can figure out the earthing. Hopefully have my work laptop running off-grid soon

Edited by zathras
Typo