Growatt inverter spf 5000ES with dyness 2.4kw battery setup

TJ Human

55 minutes ago, tetrasection said:

According to my manual the dipswitch should be set to 0010 when using CAN, 0110 for RS485...

mmm, that's a bit confusing, I see manuals online saying 0100, but my manual refers to the Growatt Hybrid(CAN comm) being 0100, but then the Growatt-SPF(off-grid) by 485 to be 0110... I've got the SPF but its on CAN and doesnt specifically say which one. I went with 0110 cos of this post, I see the guys here also went through the same confusion :D

Mine doesnt mention Growatt in the 0010 settings...

Edited by thoc

5 minutes ago, thoc said:

mmm, that's a bit confusing, I see manuals online saying 0100, but my manual refers to the Growatt Hybrid(CAN comm) being 0100, but then the Growatt-SPF(off-grid) by 485 to be 0110... I've got the SPF but its on CAN and doesnt specifically say which one. I went with 0110 cos of this post, I see the guys here also went through the same confusion :D

Mine doesnt mention Growatt in the 0010 settings...

My manual (version 1.2, dated 28/06/2020) says:

0010 for Growatt HVM, ES and WPV on CAN

0100 for Growatt SPH and SPA on CAN

0110 for Growatt SPF, HVM-P, ES and WPV on RS485

1 hour ago, tetrasection said:

My manual (version 1.2, dated 28/06/2020) says:

0010 for Growatt HVM, ES and WPV on CAN

0100 for Growatt SPH and SPA on CAN

0110 for Growatt SPF, HVM-P, ES and WPV on RS485

Ok, yours is definitely more recent, mine looks like the link I posted, with latest revision at 1.3 but dated 26/07/2019. I'll try and make some time tomorrow to try 0010, which if I understand yours correctly is for the SPF5000ES ?

Edited by thoc

19 minutes ago, thoc said:

Ok, yours is definitely more recent, mine looks like the link I posted, with latest revision at 1.3 but dated 26/07/2019. I'll try and make some time tomorrow to try 0010, which if I understand yours correctly is for the SPF5000ES ?

My manual is for the Powerbox which is the same batteries just put into a case but that would explain the version difference.

Yeah it says ES, and on the Growatt website the only inverters with ES in the name are the SPF3000ES, the SPF5000ES and the SPF3000LVM-ES which is the low voltage version but otherwise identical.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021/06/20 at 4:36 AM, thoc said:

Thanks @Buyeye I'll change my dip switches tomorrow then and give 52 a go. Fingers crossed.

We recommend using RS485 protocol for communication.

The matters needing attention are as follows:

(1) The DIP-Switch of the master battery setting should be 0110 and the salve set to 0000, and the battery must be set before power on.

(2) The communication cable is a special cable sequence, not the standard cable of PINtoPIN.

(3) The communication cable should be connected from the CAN IN of the master battery to the BMS port of the inverter, not an RS485 port.

(4)In the program 5,set Li.and the program 36 set to  L01.

12 minutes ago, Dyness said:

(1) The DIP-Switch of the master battery setting should be 0110 and the salve set to 0000, and the battery must be set before power on.

(2) The communication cable is a special cable sequence, not the standard cable of PINtoPIN.

(3) The communication cable should be connected from the CAN IN of the master battery to the BMS port of the inverter, not an RS485 port.

Hi @Dyness are these instructions for the spf TL models connected to loose module batteries?

9 hours ago, Dyness said:

@Dyness I have mine connected with the BMS cable that is connected to battery and connected with RS485 on inverter. Has been working fine and suddenly starting to show battery over charge warning on the fault codes. What might be the problem?

20210628_191328.jpg

9 hours ago, Dyness said:

@Dyness should I try the CAN cable on inverter with the CAN port and not RS485? Should the setting be on program 5 Li and on program 36 L01?

13 hours ago, TJ Human said:

@Dyness I have mine connected with the BMS cable that is connected to battery and connected with RS485 on inverter. Has been working fine and suddenly starting to show battery over charge warning on the fault codes. What might be the problem?

20210628_191328.jpg

Your communication cable is plugged in the wrong way.The correct one should be plugged into the BMS port.And is your fault warning 03&36 code? Can you give me your battery‘s SN.Maybe the software programs and parameters need to be updated.

14 hours ago, TJ Human said:

@Dyness should I try the CAN cable on inverter with the CAN port and not RS485? Should the setting be on program 5 Li and on program 36 L01?

What model is your inverter?ES or TL?If it is an ES model, it can be plugged into the 485port.

1 minute ago, Dyness said:

What model is your inverter?ES or TL?If it is an ES model, it can be plugged into the 485port.

My model is an ES,it only has the CAN port and the 485 port at the bottom. I am not at home currently but will send you the serial number of the battery this evening when I get home.

1 minute ago, TJ Human said:

My model is an ES,it only has the CAN port and the 485 port at the bottom. I am not at home currently but will send you the serial number of the battery this evening when I get home.

Sorry😀.I thought you were TL model.And the TL Model only have BMSport and 485port.But if you are an ESmodel, if you use 485 communication, your wiring is ok.The alarm shows 03&36 right?

14 minutes ago, Dyness said:

Sorry😀.I thought you were TL model.And the TL Model only have BMSport and 485port.But if you are an ESmodel, if you use 485 communication, your wiring is ok.The alarm shows 03&36 right?

Yes the alarm jumps between 03 and 36 on the inverter screen.

4 minutes ago, TJ Human said:

Yes the alarm jumps between 03 and 36 on the inverter screen.

Ok.You can give me the SN of the battery at your convenience, I will check the software version.I feel that your battery needs to be updated with software programs and parameters.Where are you?You can go to our company’s third-party after-sales service in SA to update the programs.

10 minutes ago, Dyness said:

Ok.You can give me the SN of the battery at your convenience, I will check the software version.I feel that your battery needs to be updated with software programs and parameters.Where are you?You can go to our company’s third-party after-sales service in SA to update the programs.

I am in Wellington near Cape town. Can they update the and parameters at my home if needed?

5 minutes ago, TJ Human said:

I am in Wellington near Cape town. Can they update the and parameters at my home if needed?

You have to take the battery to our third-party after-sales side to update.The address is as follows:

442 Koeberg Road, Milnerton, Cape Town, 7435

15 minutes ago, Dyness said:

You have to take the battery to our third-party after-sales side to update.The address is as follows:

442 Koeberg Road, Milnerton, Cape Town, 7435

Ok thank you. I will first send you the serial number for the battery to check the software. Do you have a contact number for the after sales to make sure it is fine to come threw?

2 minutes ago, TJ Human said:

Ok thank you. I will first send you the serial number for the battery to check the software. Do you have a contact number for the after sales to make sure it is fine to come threw?

Tel:+27 21 555 8200 

You can contact them first.

8 hours ago, TJ Human said:

@Dyness this is the info on top of the battery. Hope that is the number you are looking for.

20210629_183748.jpg

I checked the factory shipment record, your software program and parameters need to be updated to the latest version.You can contact rectron in advance, and then go to their nearest after-sales repair shop to update.