Victron Multiplus II Changeover Issues

Kalito

Question

I notice when grid is disconnected and reconnected the Changeover is seemingly delayed so much so that the Sony AVR and sometimes DSTV Explora and fibre router notice and reboot. I have surge protected extension codes which also notice the surge. The fridge in the kitchen also notices. I have raised this on the Victron forum too but I thought perhaps someone else in good odd Afrika might be experiencing this. The lights don't flicker at all. Led bulbs seem to rolerate a very wide voltage range as low as 90V so understandable why they don't care! The images show the voltage drop over 3 seconds from 220-230V when grid disconnects the voltage drops to as low as 104 and recovers back to 221V in the 3rd second.

At first I thought it was the surge protection but I tested without the surge protection and indeed there is voltage drop during changeover. I am using ESS and there is therefore a grid reference at all times. The grid supply itself is of poor quality and does flactuate. Its the cold season so heaters are on on cold days and load-shedding and power supply guarantees overide quality it seems.

Suggestions to be tried include re-activation of UPS feature and disabling weak grid option.

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet