SunSynk - who is the OEM

Never in the Dark

As I am awaiting approval to be accepted to the forum, I have some questions as a guest.

1. Who is the OEM of the DEYE, SUNSYNK, INGE, FUSION etc hybrid inverter. In various forums everybody claims to be the OEM. I asked questions regarding the OS  / UI of the various inverters that look so similar, and each OEM claims they developed it.

2. Reading through a lot of questions and answers in the forum it appears that SunSynk seems to be reasonably prompt when it comes to firmware issues, most likely due to Keith Goughs involvement with SA.

3. I have quoted on 4  residential systems wanting to use the SunSynk hybrid inverters, but I am getting worried reading comments in various forums about this inverter.

4. I have raised above question because I did install various systems up to 10MW (Grid tied solar farms), but have been recently approached by many residential clients to assist. And  I want to tap into the experience of local installers w.r.t. products used, also refer same to these clients, and want to know from experience what hybrid inverters to recommend / and or specify with local support

1. Hybrid Inverters up to 12kW / can be parallel systems

2. BMS with approved batteries

Thank You

Deye is the OEM.  I am not sure to what extent they allow others to develop firmware, or if they update the firmware to other's specifications.

Either way, I think the main board firmware is likely shared - the changes I have seen seem only to be related to the UI (which is a separate board).

3 hours ago, Never in the Dark said:

As I am awaiting approval to be accepted to the forum, I have some questions as a guest.

1. Who is the OEM of the DEYE, SUNSYNK, INGE, FUSION etc hybrid inverter. In various forums everybody claims to be the OEM. I asked questions regarding the OS  / UI of the various inverters that look so similar, and each OEM claims they developed it.

2. Reading through a lot of questions and answers in the forum it appears that SunSynk seems to be reasonably prompt when it comes to firmware issues, most likely due to Keith Goughs involvement with SA.

3. I have quoted on 4  residential systems wanting to use the SunSynk hybrid inverters, but I am getting worried reading comments in various forums about this inverter.

4. I have raised above question because I did install various systems up to 10MW (Grid tied solar farms), but have been recently approached by many residential clients to assist. And  I want to tap into the experience of local installers w.r.t. products used, also refer same to these clients, and want to know from experience what hybrid inverters to recommend / and or specify with local support

1. Hybrid Inverters up to 12kW / can be parallel systems

2. BMS with approved batteries

Thank You

What I'm particular are you reading about the sunsynk that is concerning you? 

Going on 10 months now with my 8kw sunsynk and no issues. It just works and is very configurable with full comms with the pylontech bms. 

27 minutes ago, Never in the Dark said:

Hi Achmat, thats good to know that you have and had no issues. I think it was in the Sunsynk forum there were some issued raised regarding the firmware, but that dates back to last year already. Most likely these issues were resolved. Where did you source your Inverters from?

I sourced mine from LRG Solar. 

There were some issues with the firmware but this only affected some configurations. My specific issue was the aux restarting Randfontein but I just moved all my loads to the inverter and I'm not using the aux. This has been fixed in a firmware update but I've not tested that yet. This has mostly been resolved with active support from sunsynk and firmware patches rolled out and updated by then remotely. No updates to be installed by end users.