USB Kit for Axpert 5kva MKS

viceroy

I've just sat with Johan to upgrade my installation of ICC to SMH, and unfortunately my inverter still uses the old skool serial interface.

Does anyone know where I can source (locally hopefully) a USB module to work on my inverter?

That's strange - how old is your inverter? Mine came with an RJ45 to serial cable. I combine this with one of the linked converters to get USB into my laptop/raspberrypi. What ports do you currently have on your inverter as I'm sure there will be a way to convert to USB. I've never seen or heard of a replacement USB board...

5 hours ago, JaseZA said:

That's strange - how old is your inverter? Mine came with an RJ45 to serial cable. I combine this with one of the linked converters to get USB into my laptop/raspberrypi. What ports do you currently have on your inverter as I'm sure there will be a way to convert to USB. I've never seen or heard of a replacement USB board...

Mine has a RJ45 port and I also have a RJ45 -> Serial cable.

However, this setup is NOT compatible with SMH, so rather than buy a new inverter, I'm looking for the USB module which comes on the later inverters.

11 hours ago, viceroy said:

Mine has a RJ45 port and I also have a RJ45 -> Serial cable.

However, this setup is NOT compatible with SMH, so rather than buy a new inverter, I'm looking for the USB module which comes on the later inverters.

On mine the exact same data is accessible by the USB port as by the RJ45/Serial port. I've used both in fact but the serial proved to be more reliable. I'm quite surprised SMH can't work with the serial data... and would personally be tempted to try with a converter just in case it did work. But I don't know the ins and outs of the system. Hopefully you can find a USB board!

22 hours ago, viceroy said:

Looks like we've found a USB module.

Well found. I hope it's the kind with both USB and RS-232 (on RJ-45) connectors. You may need the RS-232 port to update firmware one day. On 5 kVA models, that can only happen through the RS-232 port.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...