Sunsynk 8kva Solar Panel Layout

6 hours ago, Vassen said:

The last reason, I cannot disagree with, the wall mount does look better and makes for easier installations…. But not worth spending 50k on in my opinion. 

Is Pylontech not more expensive price per kWh? 

9 minutes ago, Vassen said:

No. Remember the pylons give you around 3.4 kWh usable at 95% dod and I got my last 2 @R16100 each retail pricing. 

The Hubble’s are maybe very slightly cheaper if you want to discharge them 100% but then the cycles drop to 3000. To get 6000 cycles, you discharge 50%. Well, that’s what I could find from the documentation.  

22D62671-121E-4605-B394-B2B8800C6F1E.jpeg

I have said this before regarding Hubble. That’s 6000 cycles at 50% DOD at 1C. If you charge and discharge it at 0.5C like Pylontech then the Hubble will give around 13000 cycles at 50% DOD at 0.5C. 

39 minutes ago, Leshen said:

I have said this before regarding Hubble. That’s 6000 cycles at 50% DOD at 1C. If you charge and discharge it at 0.5C like Pylontech then the Hubble will give around 13000 cycles at 50% DOD at 0.5C. 

Assuming a linear relationship, yes. It's more likely a curve, but heading in the same direction, and therefore a fair assumption.

48 minutes ago, Vassen said:

Probably, but then Hubble need to get their act together and update their documentation. I have not seen this info you mention in any of their official documentation. All they provide is 2 cycles at different 2 different DoD

Both pylontech and BSL provide graphs showing discharge patterns and lifespan. 

As I’ve said, I don’t care about C rating as it’s not important to me with so many batteries. Lifespan is what’s important to me. So I would like to see graphs at different c rating, temperatures and DoD. 

Unfortunately you need to care about C rating as it’s very significant when it comes to lithium ion batteries. 

43 minutes ago, Vassen said:

Probably, but then Hubble need to get their act together and update their documentation. I have not seen this info you mention in any of their official documentation. All they provide is 2 cycles at different 2 different DoD

Both pylontech and BSL provide graphs showing discharge patterns and lifespan. 

As I’ve said, I don’t care about C rating as it’s not important to me with so many batteries. Lifespan is what’s important to me. So I would like to see graphs at different c rating, temperatures and DoD. 

Nice table in your earlier post!

Agreed that it would be nice to have a standard that all battery manufacturers adhere to, it would make your table so much more meaningful, and easier for laypeople (like myself) to understand.

At the same time, surely you would agree that there is a distinct relationship between C (whether the rate of charge or discharge) and "lifespan"? For example, SolarMD actually specifies it in the test conditions of their warranty (to determine 60% "lifespan" after 10 years).    

3 hours ago, Vassen said:

No. Remember the pylons give you around 3.4 kWh usable at 95% dod and I got my last 2 @R16100 each retail pricing. 

The Hubble’s are maybe very slightly cheaper if you want to discharge them 100% but then the cycles drop to 3000. To get 6000 cycles, you discharge 50%. Well, that’s what I could find from the documentation.  

Great table. Would be awesome to get accurate hubble data for 0.5c and add that to the table. 

23 minutes ago, Vassen said:

I mean for me specifically as I have enough batteries. I am running them at less than 0.5c and it’s fine for me. For someone that has a small budget and 1 battery, then it’s more important. I don’t disagree with that point. 

See attached doc on the X100. You aren’t fond of Hubble and that’s great however Hubble definitely has their act together. 

Hubble Lithium X-100 A4 Pamphlet -NB.pdf

25 minutes ago, Vassen said:

Thanks, but we are talking about the AM2 here this is for another battery. The x100 has a design life if 20 years. The AM2 from what I see says +-15 years so clearly not the same. 

Doesn’t Hubble make the X100?

18 minutes ago, Vassen said:

Yes and pylontech makes US3000, US3000C and UP5000. I don’t understand what’s the point. 

My point is include the X100 in your spreadsheet. And also use a single suppliers pricing, possibly Powerforum Store, for the various batteries or else the spreadsheet doesn’t work. 

I certainly can’t seem to find a US3000C for R16100 vat inc. 

5 hours ago, Vassen said:

The Sources of your Pricing is very Inconsistent  I have not been able to Find a US3000C for R16100 Vat included anywhere So just on your 1st calculation on the US 3000C the best online Price I could find was R16699.94 and the Price per KWH is R5022.53 Per KWH The Up 5000 with its 5 year warranty is R4797.18 and that is the price on the power forum store also clearly it looks like you have your knife out for Hubble Besides the new specs on the BSLB batteries are all supposed to be 100% DOD however no stats available on what cycles you will get at 100% on those another point is the 3000 Cycles that the Hubble battery gets cycled at has to be 1C discharge and 1C Recharge and you will achieve this on a 5KW inverter if you try hard what I aslo know is that after you cycled the Hubble 3000 Cycles at 1C it still retains 80% of its original capacity which is 4400 Watt Hours and then you can discharge it at 1C and recharge at 1C 100% dod and get another 3000 cycles what does it say about the other brands how much capacity is retained after its 6000 Cycles and will it give another 6000 cycles at the same C rating and DOD ? Would be interesting to know.. 

9 hours ago, Brani said:

***Sensitive dealer pricing removed by Mods***

Ignore Segen as they don’t sell to end users. Or else we can use Hubble’s real pricing!

9 hours ago, Brani said:

***Fallacious statements and untruths removed by Mods***

Well from a budget point of view C rating is Important especially in a off grid Scenario I have 2 x Hubble 5.5 KW batteries I have a 5 KW Sunsynk I run my whole house including my Geyser off my system So my Peak loads can Exceed 4.8 KW at certain times and I have to manage my loads I paid the Special Price of R24700 each for my batteries for 11KWH R49400.00 the two batteries combined can deliver 9.6 KW Max my inverter can demand is 5KW so even then I would loading my batteries at just over .5C when recharging with solar power I have the same scenario Which Means I will never cycle my batteries at 1C which means a Hugely extended lifespan from a cost perspective 3 x US 3000 C Batteries would have cost me R18750.00 VAT Included Each R56250.00 and I would've had 9.975 KWH  and max continuous discharge and recharge of 5.328 KW Which is .5C of a battery that is so called a 1C Battery where my Hubbles can do 9.6 KW the Pylontech's Can only Sustain a 1 C Discharge or charge for 90 Seconds However this means the Pylontech batteries would be working at maximum capacity or close to it the whole time where the hubbles would basically be idling I have monitored and measured my system and My Hubbles give me around 12 KW Hour useable power and it has been improving over time.

Now form a Cost perspective the Pylontechs cost me a lot more for a lot less Useable power and they would have been running at their Maximum Output for a lot of the time. Besides I am adding 2 more Hubble 5.5 units this reduce the load even more on my batteries and extend their life even more so for me the choice was easy and logical 

Price Difference of R6850 and I could use Decent battery cable 50mm2 covered the cost of a couple extra panels..

24 minutes ago, Vassen said:

Well, you are relatively new to the forum. I have seen people being banned for mentioning other supplier pricing. 

Lol Leshen has been a member longer than you have buddy almost as logical as your Pylontech argument. 

33 minutes ago, Vassen said:

Then rather strange that you don’t know people got banned for posting specials. 

I think you are misleading once again. 

5 hours ago, Brani said:

***Fallacious statements removed by Mods***

Please substantiate you comments with proof @Brani you are an installer and have hinted that on many occasions.. you are not an consumer and have many times indicated to us that you claimed to have vast knowledge when it comes to solar power and batteries .. however I will not further waste my time as it is not educational nor productive and I don't argue for the sake of Argument..