Hubble AM2 Settings (8kW SunSynk)

Trev

Hi All,

I have 2x 5.5kWh Hubble AM2's connected to a 8kW SunSynk inverter. Upon installation and after referring to the with @HubbleLithium quick reference manual, the recommended settings are as follows:

• Float Voltage: 52.0v
  • Absorption Voltage: not specified?
  • Equalization Voltage: 54.0v

I have set my batteries via the SunSynk menu as follows:

• Float Voltage: 52.0v
  • Absorption Voltage: 53.6v (after emailing HubbleLithium support and being advised that "ideally charge voltage is 53.6v where 54.0v is high enough")
  • Equalization Voltage: 54.0v

I have noticed that my battery SoC is always at 99% at a voltage of 53.49v (or less) and therefore there is a small yet constant current continually flowing into the batteries that maintains the 99% SoC...

Should my bank not be reaching SoC = 100% and then cutting off all charge current until reaching the float voltage when it should recharge again? I am concerned about constantly sending current to the batteries no matter how small the current.

Thank you

Trev

@Trev is there a reason you not running them off the BMS via can bus?

I have the exact same setup and can bus works.

Master battery has standard Rj45(LAN cable to Sunsynk) and a second one to the slave battery( correct dip switches setup)

9 hours ago, Kill_switch said:

@Trev is there a reason you not running them off the BMS via can bus?

Hi @Kill_switch - I am running via the CANBUS but there is still the ability to input the three parameters above so I'm not sure if it even looks at this when CANBUS is selected? Does your SoC ever get to 100%? Or should I ask, do you ever have the situation where your BMS no longer charges your batteries after reaching 100% and then back on when you hit float voltage?

@Brani mentions above that the three parameters are for lead acid batteries which I'm familiar with having had that before upgrading to Lithium. Perhaps maintaining state of charge is different for Lithium compared to Lead Acid... At the end of the day, my main concern is 'overcharging' by way of not giving the batteries any 'rest' as opposed to overvoltage. Is this a valid concern?

Thanks,

Trevor

hi @TrevSo I went into my inverter and it seems to correlate with what you say.

To confirm my LiBMS page is set to can bus, so as I understand this means it ignores the values in the box

It does get to 100, but often settles to 99%, here is a graph from yesterday just before the system stops charging

image.thumb.png.b2be2093325c49e55af2c5489ea57fbc.png

It them falls back to 99%, but the current remains ±0.02

image.thumb.png.a1ccef97ca21c70b16b86856d526acf6.png

From the day before it appears the inverter only charges again if the battery dips below 98% as shown here

image.thumb.png.3aff712e0fa95509a006ac6884a6139e.png

Thanks @Kill_switch this is useful confirmation. Your insight is much appreciated!

It would also be great to hear from @HubbleLithium if this constant small current is acceptable for the battery? Is this how Lithium Ion batteries remain on standby and keep their charge compared to Lead acid where the charge is OFF until it reaches the Float voltage?

51 minutes ago, Trev said:

Thanks @Kill_switch this is useful confirmation. Your insight is much appreciated!

It would also be great to hear from @HubbleLithium if this constant small current is acceptable for the battery? Is this how Lithium Ion batteries remain on standby and keep their charge compared to Lead acid where the charge is OFF until it reaches the Float voltage?

Best to raise the request with their support service-desk. They have stated in the past that they do not monitor all social media platforms like the Powerforum.