Inverter and battery upgrade

JpPaulKruger

Question

So I’ve managed to release some funds to upgrade my horrible voltronic clone inverter and gell batteries.

My budget is maximum 38k. I can maybe push it to 40k. But that’s my base limit.

I’ve installed a 8kw Deye inverter for my father in law on the same property, and now I want to invest in mine.

Im thinking of getting one of the following;

SunSynk 5kw inverter with the Hubble AM3

Deye 5kw inverter with the LBSA 5.1kw battery (they have a special currently for R38800) but can’t find much info on the batteries.

my essential loads are not much.  200W in lights and a fishtank of about 500W and bedside plugs for my 4 bedrooms.

my idea is to power my geyser directly from the AUX port on the SunSynk/Deye inverter.  But this is only a backup as it’s on solar already.

I have 6x 365w Canadian Sun panels on the roof already for the inverter  the battery will only be for Loadshedding (2.5hours) and for backup when we have some clouds.

Also have a 7.5kw diesel generator running on a changeover for extra backup  

Edited by JpPaulKruger

9 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, JpPaulKruger said:

That’s the one

Thanks, I was wondering what it was and my other mentor >>>>  Google came up with that 😀 ,  I would check on this forum if anyone has experience with these. I learned how important a battery is to your installation also being quite new but growing by the day and by reading on this forum. My thoughts are you have a 5 kw Deye and this battery seems to compliment that 5kw. what are your other choices?

Edited by RyanG
Or Sunsynk I see

1 minute ago, RyanG said:

Thanks, I was wondering what it was and my other mentor >>>>  Google came up with that 😀 ,  I would check on this forum if anyone has experience with these. I learned how important a battery is to your installation also being quite new but growing by the day and by reading on this forum. My thoughts are you have a 5 kw Deye and this battery seems to compliment that 5kw. what are your other choices?

Currently have a 5kw Voltronic Clone inverter from The Sun Pays and 4x150 ah gell batteries

want to upgrade the inverter to a proper hybrid and invest in a more reliable battery 

I can certainly comment on the Inverter  Sunsynk / Deye etc. Brilliant choice. We have ours working with a basic install about 10 days now. I setup the solarman app and its telling me I am 95 percent utilizing my own generated power. I have a  smaller UPS Essential  load like you, House plugs, But that said its Dishwasher (day use on PV only, not battery at night). fridge washing machine. But the amazing part is how it back feeds into the non essential using PV and Battery. geyser, pool - Borehole pump in the day from solar after a full battery.  The nighttime I am still learning. I have the BLSB (Bulls) battery.

Even though the Debye and Sunsynk are essentially the same, go for the Sunsynk, it has a better interface and support ( I believe ) and the owner Keith Gough is very much involved involved in interacting with it’s client base.

Batteries I believe you should stick to is Pylontech, Hubble, BSLB, go for the 5 kWh, you “ can” get away with a 2.75 kWh battery, but don’t recommend it.

Dyness are made by guys who used to work for Pylontech, i would stick to batteries that are widely used, especially power forum members.

Does the R19,356 price from Powerforum Store NOT include the wifi dongle

If you dont mind me asking, what is your reason for wanting to move away from TheSunPays inverter?

I've got 2 of their 4kw units and they're running quite nicely.
They've also recently released proper monitoring software with SoC control, all you need is a Pi, battery cable (for Lithium batteries) and internet.
Software is free as well.

4 hours ago, Bl4d3 said:

If you dont mind me asking, what is your reason for wanting to move away from TheSunPays inverter?

I've got 2 of their 4kw units and they're running quite nicely.
They've also recently released proper monitoring software with SoC control, all you need is a Pi, battery cable (for Lithium batteries) and internet.
Software is free as well.

Because they do not have true hybrid inverters.  

On 2021/06/23 at 1:32 PM, Tariq said:

Dyness are made by guys who used to work for Pylontech, i would stick to batteries that are widely used, especially power forum members.

Does the R19,356 price from Powerforum Store NOT include the wifi dongle

The Unit from The Powerforum Store comes with the WiFi dongle.

Ive been commutating with Steve a while now.  I placed my order today for my SunSynk 5kw inverter and Hubble AM2.  Can’t wait!!

2 hours ago, JpPaulKruger said:

The Unit from The Powerforum Store comes with the WiFi dongle.

Ive been commutating with Steve a while now.  I placed my order today for my SunSynk 5kw inverter and Hubble AM2.  Can’t wait!!

Oh, I know that feeling! I never slept for a week, was so excited! Congratulations!

Please remember that we all want to see some pics if your install.