Query - Axpert mks2 ogx5.48 firmware

Dname

Question

I had another Kodak axpert inverter installed, with a new string.

turns out the “installer” installed an inverter with firmware out of sync with the existing one. As with all installers I’ve tried, money has moved, no f}%% are given. Zero support. G0d this country. Next change I do myself. Installers really are sharks but hey, trust no one , my fault.

anyways, I need to get the firmware’s in sync and obviously don’t have cables as these cowboys didn’t leave any cables behind.   So I need cables to update the firmware. 

will this work? 

CE-LINK USB to Rj45 (Rs232) Console (Ft232rl) 1.83m Cable On takealot. 

Any assistance is appreciated. 

3 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Dname said:

will this work? 

CE-LINK USB to Rj45 (Rs232) Console (Ft232rl) 1.83m Cable On takealot. 

Almost certainly not. That page suggests a standard cable; the required Axpert cable is NOT standard.

This post has the correct pinout, if you want to make your own. The pin that +12 V appears on differs from model to model, but this is not needed for communications; just connect the other 3 wires.

12 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Almost certainly not. That page suggests a standard cable; the required Axpert cable is NOT standard.

This post has the correct pinout, if you want to make your own. The pin that +12 V appears on differs from model to model, but this is not needed for communications; just connect the other 3 wires.

Thanks - am trying to arrange one through a different supplier.

12 hours ago, 87 Dream said:

You can source the serial to USB cable from Take a lot. Unfortunately I have searched & the other half of the cable is just not available locally on any shelves except with the inverters or some said owners. 

The cable is part of the equipment your inverter was supplied with. As a last resort & really I get your feelings about the bandits that did your installation, can you not just ask them for the cable as it's actually still your property. Also I don't think these guys have any use for it going further & so it cost them zip in the end. Maybe it will cost you some running around to pick it up but hey better than having two unmatched MKSII inverters 😂

These same people refused to issue a coc on their work too, which I had to pay for separately now. They are in Witbank and couldnt be bothered to drive that way. I don’t think they really care whose property it is, probably just deny they took it anyways, this seems to be quality of the people we live with now.

in any event I managed to get hold of some helpful people at Segen so am hoping to receive a cable at some point. Will just need to wait a while.

thanks gents. Stay safe.