Understanding 3p hybrid inverter ratings

Danger

If a 3 phase hybrid inverter is rated at 10kw, my understanding is that it can support a combined balanced backup load of 10kw on all the phases (3.3kw per phase).

If the load is unbalanced (say I only use one of the 3 phases), can I run a backup load of 10kw on it? Or is it still l limited to 3.3kw on that phase? 

10 hours ago, Danger said:

If a 3 phase hybrid inverter is rated at 10kw, my understanding is that it can support a combined balanced backup load of 10kw on all the phases (3.3kw per phase).

If the load is unbalanced (say I only use one of the 3 phases), can I run a backup load of 10kw on it? Or is it still l limited to 3.3kw on that phase? 

Depends on the inverter. Some can run unbalanced loads. 

The new 12kw sunsynk 3 phase inverter can run unbalanced loads so you can have 10kw on one phase and 2kw on another phase and 0kw on the third phase. 

Okay. I was looking at the Sofar 15kw es inverter. The spec says it can be connected to an unbalanced load. But not sure if it can work as I explained. I spoke to a local agent and they said it can't give you backup load of more than 1/3 if it's capacity per phase. 

59 minutes ago, Achmat said:

Depends on the inverter. Some can run unbalanced loads. 

The new 12kw sunsynk 3 phase inverter can run unbalanced loads so you can have 10kw on one phase and 2kw on another phase and 0kw on the third phase. 

Sunsynk actually specifies their single phase capacity as 50% of their rated max capacity. Quoting on one of the local websites, it can do a max of 6kw per unbalanced phase. 

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sunsynk actually specifies their single phase capacity as 50% of their rated max capacity. Quoting on one of the local websites, it can do a max of 6kw per unbalanced phase. 

They must have updated it as the first video they released was a bit misleading claiming 12kw per phase.