Axpert VM III and firmware update to solve some diverse problems

huviolan

Hi everybody!

I am new to this forum, which I found to be very profesional, serius and helpfull. 
So, thanks a lot to all of you who are dedicating your time for free to help people rather newby like me to solar stuff!

I have some questions related to some problems on my installation, taht I guess are related mainly to y onverter, and specifically, to the firmware version.

My system consist of:

3 jinko solar panels  JKM465M-7RL3-V (465 W nominal)
inverter: voltronic axpert VM III 5Kw
battery bank: 4 x Ultracell UCG 200 AH-12 (12 v, gel ) serial conected in a 48 v config.

I am in argentina, temp at this time aprox 5-17 centigrades degrees, 
The float and bulk values in the inverter are corrected by temp coeficient manually by me, and are respectively 55 and 59.5 v

200425269_configdata.thumb.jpeg.c3067e88fae897917e65edab7ff2bcc6.jpeg

The problems are: 

-The inverter display never shows bulk tension, (so I guess the charger is never entering absortion stage) and rises up just to float voltage and stays there, or only seldom gets to a value near bulk voltage for a couple of minuts and goes to float voltage. So, my bank never shows 100% state of charge. I guess this is related to the "premature float bug", but i am not sure.

-Some times, even with almost 150 V in panels, the panles icon just flashes and the panels doesn't engages to de charger. In that cases, some times disconecting panels from inverter, and shuting it down and up again, and reconectoing panels, fix the problems and engages the panels. But not always..

-Whit NO load conected to the inverter, and with the line (AC from the grid) conected to the inverter, I read 2,5 Amps  been consumed from the line by the inverter, in my amperimetric  clamp ¿? Is that normal??

- Most of the time, even at night with no load and low temperatures, the fans just run max velocity for no reason .

So...investigating a little and reading a lot from this forum, I see that many things like those are been fixed updating firmware.

Some more data :

My firmware is 

main cpu : 41.16

733392160_firmwareversion.thumb.jpeg.9afc3417c4844d9d304ca0c28b90cf37.jpeg

I understand that version  91.20 is newer than this, and now is available version 41.17 too. 

Finally, and because of all of te  above, my questions are:

-Is 41.17 newer than 91.20?
-Do anybody know if this versions remediate any of the problems I described above?
-can I make the update of the removable display with the USB cable or just with the serial one?

Thanks in advance for any sugestion/help in all of this, and excuse me for the long post ... and my limited english.

Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina

On 2021/07/24 at 12:37 AM, huviolan said:

3 jinko solar panels  JKM465M-7RL3-V (465 W nominal)

I have answered a PM on this; 3 panels is far too few. A dramatic improvement would be seen with 4 panels; I recommend 5 (of these 78-cell panels) minimum, for reasonable performance in cloudy conditions.