Solis Energy Storage 6kW Hybrid 5G Inverter with DC switch

andrevanschalkwyk

3 hours ago, andrevanschalkwyk said:

I am particularly after it being fanless since the inverter will be inside, but are there any users out there that have had any major issues with the Solis.

The sunsynk 5kw is also fanless and completely silent and whilst generating 4.5kw from solar the heat sinks are very slightly warm.

17 hours ago, De0n19 said:

The sunsynk 5kw is also fanless and completely silent and whilst generating 4.5kw from solar the heat sinks are very slightly warm.

I heard it had a problem with a high pitched noise that even comes from some appliances connected to it?

7 hours ago, gooseberry said:

I heard it had a problem with a high pitched noise that even comes from some appliances connected to it?

I read about those issues too. They have made changes to the newer units, being fanless, the ct coil connection board is different, the mppt now handles 13A instead of the 11A of the older type. I think its safe to assume the noise issue is fixed. Mine certainly has no noise.

I am also looking at a Solis Energy Storage 6kW Hybrid 5G Inverter and found the best price on a unit like this at ITnerfricaShop.co.za . This is an online only store in Pretoria. I only found 1 recommendation on them on this platform. I just need more referral for them because I don't even find them on hello peter for one dissatisfy shopper. Worried to lose money dealing with a company I can't find any info on. I'm in PE.

On 2021/07/28 at 8:05 PM, De0n19 said:

I think its safe to assume the noise issue is fixed. Mine certainly has no noise.

I don't think you should assume the noise issue is fixed. I have an 8kW unit with a March 2021 manufacture date that has that noise. Local supplier didn't want to swop it out, so I spent R11k to have my installation moved from inside my scullery to outdoors.

1 hour ago, andrevanschalkwyk said:

I just made the final decision to go with the Solis 6kw inverter with 10x535W panels and 2xhubble 5.5kw batteries. Will update on performance once installed

Will be interested to read your experience all the best. It looks like decent kit.