WatchPower settings

Kavish

Hello Powermites

I'm Kavish - I joined once upon a time to learn more about backup power and from time to time tend to search here and learn something. It's by far the most informative place on the net. After searching quite a bit, I wanted to ask for help on something - WatchPower settings.

I have an Axpert 5Kva inverter and 4x 240Ha OmniPower batteries. I've adjusted the cycle, float, etc according to what the OmniPower battery states and wanted to know if I have overlooked anything. I adjusted the settings using WatchPower and not on the inverter itself. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to using those buttons in the inverter.

I'd be grateful for any guidance. 

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 11.57.54.png

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 11.58.00.png

1 hour ago, Kavish said:

wanted to know if I have overlooked anything.

With the battery cutoff voltage at 48 V (good for long life when there is frequent load shedding), the effective back to grid voltage will be 2.0 V higher, or 50.0 V. That's OK, and probably how I'd set it up in such an environment with a lead acid battery, but the behaviour (which isn't documented) may be surprising.

See FAQ #2.

Thanks so much @Coulomb. That FAQ is quite interesting. Weirdly though, these batteries were replacements. My other batteries failed after 18 months and Sinetech said they qualify due to a manufacturer fault. So I'm keen to see how these new ones perform under perfect conditions.

My electrician is of the opinion that these OmniPower batteries are not made for backup purposes and he thinks the same thing is going to happen with them. He suggests getting some panels to keep the batteries constantly engaged/running. Doing some research into his thinking... Have you ever heard of such a thing?

17 hours ago, Kavish said:

He suggests getting some panels to keep the batteries constantly engaged/running. Doing some research into his thinking... Have you ever heard of such a thing?

It sounds quite dubious, unless there is something to limit the charging. It's quite possible to ruin a battery through over-charging, as well as under-charging.

• 2 months later...