Victron Multiplus II Stuck in Absorption

TheRidDlerX

Question

Hi there all, 

So i recently got to the point where we were able to get a full on solar installed after some much needed advice from here, thanks so much. As my curse would allow me tho i seem to be one of the few that is experiencing a funky situation where the inverter is pretty much stuck in absorption mode all the time, topping up the batteries from the grid mainly whenever it drains below 100% and because of this the PV is just chilling as well as the entire system seems to be frozen in this kind of bypass mode. The retailer has been an absolute star in trying to help me get it all sorted out, but i thought perhaps i might just put some feelers out there if anyone else has experienced this as well? 

We even had Victron themselves log in and do a firmware update remotely and they are also somewhat stumped. The retailer has a suspicion it might be the CANbus cable we used that was sommer a UTP i had lying around (we actually tested 2), so i'm thinking of making up a new one from scratch to try and test if that helps. Anyone perhaps have the pinouts for that? I'm a rookie to this so maybe its not even called the CANbus cable, its the one between the Color Control GX and the Multiplus II. I also find that my VRM portal values are heavy delayed from that of the actual GX, which i wonder if its related. Attached a pic of what i see pretty much all the time for the past 48h - SOMETIMES the PV kicks in with 40W or so and then fades away again

Additional info : Inverter switch is in position (1)

Thanks in advance!

Dashboard.PNG

1 answer to this question

Solved. Installer came out again and replaced the UTP between the batteries and the Inverter, which at first did nothing. Then they played with removing the ESS assistant, combined with a Venux firmware update. The system kicked into action. Re-added the ESS assistant and it was fine again. Seemed somewhat pure luck really.