Hubble Lithium AM-2 Constant power draw

Donovanvdb

Hi All,

New to the inverter and battery world and would just like to confirm the below with some of the experts on here.

The SOC gets to 100% and then drops off to 99%, I have read that this is normal behavior for the Hubble.

My concern is that it constantly draws +-33W even after having left it to charge for 2 days.

Is the normal? 33W is not much but with Lithium chemistry I'm sure no floating is needed.

Battery never gets to 53.6 V

Hope to hear from other AM2 owners.

Thanks

Don

2.thumb.jpeg.617d10c71f248cc9e2c9d59fe5f5dfe8.jpeg1.thumb.jpeg.4a6f652352487313785493be120ee9bc.jpeg4.thumb.jpeg.0c17cf5a6666e76a497eb1fbafdff0c6.jpeg3.thumb.jpeg.ee965dbba69835e01013f88306f1a1fe.jpeg

Edited by Donovanvdb
Spelling

21 hours ago, Donovanvdb said:

My concern is that it constantly draws +-33W even after having left it to charge for 2 days.

Is the normal? 33W is not much but with Lithium chemistry I'm sure no floating is needed.

I don't own a Hubble, but I have an LFP battery. It's the crazy high float voltage; that's almost 3.6 VPC. It takes a fair bit of current to keep an LFP battery that high in voltage, and there is no need. It's way too high for battery longevity.

I'm not going to argue about what it should be, just that this is an inevitable result for these crazy receommendations.

[ Edit: but it seems that the Hubble is NMC, not LFP, see below. ]

Battery never gets to 53.6 V

Well, the inverter is probably trying to get it there. I'm amazed it's only using 33 W to do it, though.

Hope to here from other AM2 owners.

That would certainly be best.

Edited by Coulomb

The 33w odd draw is normal for the Sunsynk inverters. It is working like it should, Only thing is that your charge and discharge is set quite low for the hubble battery at 40/65. I would change that to 40/100 at least so you are utilizing the full 100amps(1C) for discharging.Dont worry about those float voltages on the battery setup screen , the batteries BMS will do all of that you dont need to change anything there. 

@Coulomb The hubble is not Lifepo4 .Its Li-NMC.

Edited by Nexuss