Grid tie inverter and hybrid inverter on same grid supply

stoneyc113

Hi all

I need some help with the following setup I am looking at. A bit of history I have 16 320W panels  wanted to use to power a solar pump controller to drive my 2.2KW three phase borehole pump. Pump is installed in the river works great with Eskom but is expensive. I installed the panels at my house to keep everything under eye because of theft. I bought a 2.2KW solar pump controller installed it and switched it on. I immediately had a E10 error, over current. Replaced the unit still had the same error. I started investigating and it seems the problem is my cable length from the solar drive to the pump. The cable is 550 meters long. With Eskom and  pure sinus wave there is now problem and it works perfectly, not so much with a VFD which these solar pump controllers are.

Long story short when you invest in these things common info like a long output cable is never mentioned and to rectify it i need a sinus filter after the output of the VFD. Some say it will not work others say it will and quote me around R16k for this filter double the price of the solar controller..

My question; I have a 8KW Sunsynk inverter installed with batteries separate essential DB etc. The Eskom feed to the house is three phase and this inverter is connected onto the red phase. Lets assume I can export surplus power. I notice a Solis 6KW three phase grid tied inverter for about R16k. Will it be possible to to install this inverter onto the same supply I have the Sunsynk on (in the same DB?) I could then power the pump from Eskom as it is setup currently but do so when the sun shines and say from 9h00 to 15h00 to use the benefit of the sun and the three phase grid tied inverter. Lets assume I can export any surplus from this inverter also. Is this possible?

I installed the Sunsynk in June and looking back if I was aware of the negative impact long cables have on VSD I would have opted for a three phase hybrid unit.

Thanks Stoney

54 minutes ago, Sc00bs said:

@stoneyc113 You could run single phase from your 8kw Sunsynk to a single phase to 3 phase VSD to drive the pump. 

Speak to Neels at CFP Technologies and see if he can advise on the cable length issue, he does have a 2.2kw VSD with single phase input.

https://cfptechnologies.co.za/product-category/variable-frequency-drives/

Thank you Scoobs spoke to him last week he has no solution for me he doesn't deal with sinus filters.