Run Deye 8 kVA as a Grid-Tie and Off-grid. Never Run Grid-Tie side from battery, first from PV-Power during Day and Grid Power at night.

peter.reynolds@epro.co.za

Hi All, I am trying to run my Grid-Tie side during the day from Solar Produced power and at night only from grid, I never want the Grid-Tie side to use battery power. The reason for this is. I connected my geyser, stove and Aircon to the Grid-Tie side. I have set the Grid Settings System Work Mode settings to Zero Export To CT, then on the System Work Mode I have set the Time of Use function and set my battery to SOC to 45%, keeping 45-10% for possible load shedding. I do not want to export any power to the grid.

What happens, at night time or when there is not enough Solar Power during the day, the battery starts discharging to run any load that might appear on the Grid-Tie side from the battery. Once battery reaches 45%, then only, the load will run from the grid. To me it does not make any sense to ever run my Geyser, Stove or aircon from the battery. 

I have spoken to Deye technical support, they suggested that I use the Zero Export to Load and then tick the Solar Sell option. The problem,  I have a pre-paid meter and therefor if all the excess power is not used on the the grid-tie side, the inverter starts exporting to grid. This can not work as the pre-paid meter will then charge you for the power pushed back into the grid. 

Do any one have a solution to this problem?

On 2021/08/29 at 5:58 AM, [email protected] said:

Hi All, I am trying to run my Grid-Tie side during the day from Solar Produced power and at night only from grid, I never want the Grid-Tie side to use battery power. The reason for this is. I connected my geyser, stove and Aircon to the Grid-Tie side. I have set the Grid Settings System Work Mode settings to Zero Export To CT, then on the System Work Mode I have set the Time of Use function and set my battery to SOC to 45%, keeping 45-10% for possible load shedding. I do not want to export any power to the grid.

What happens, at night time or when there is not enough Solar Power during the day, the battery starts discharging to run any load that might appear on the Grid-Tie side from the battery. Once battery reaches 45%, then only, the load will run from the grid. To me it does not make any sense to ever run my Geyser, Stove or aircon from the battery. 

I have spoken to Deye technical support, they suggested that I use the Zero Export to Load and then tick the Solar Sell option. The problem,  I have a pre-paid meter and therefor if all the excess power is not used on the the grid-tie side, the inverter starts exporting to grid. This can not work as the pre-paid meter will then charge you for the power pushed back into the grid. 

Do any one have a solution to this problem?

Untick solar sell, tick Limit to loads.