Jump to content

BRAND NEW 8KW SUNSUNK INVERTER DIED ON ME


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, EugeneN said:

Hi everyone. 

Got reply from Sunsynk on Friday that they repaired the unit. I told them again that I wanted a new inverter. Today they replied: "We repaired the inverter. Note that when we repair the inverter we replace the boards with new boards and it is just like a new inverter and still under warranty. The inverter gets tested and made sure all is fine and firmware is updated as well. The inverter is ready for collection."    Should I accept this, insist on goign after a new inverter or ask for a refund?

I don’t think anyone on this forum can assist you in making that decision. You should do what you feel is best for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, EugeneN said:

Got reply from Sunsynk on Friday that they repaired the unit. I told them again that I wanted a new inverter.

I don’t know what I would of done if I was in a similar situation. I think normally if their was a problem with the inverter from the commissioning that the installer picked up they should definitely replace the unit, but the fact that it did work for a certain period of time and only than became faulty is the grey area where the terms and conditions become the choice of the supplier. Just my understanding of things.

I do think that it’s great that they fixed the unit in a reasonable time and gives me a bit of re-assurance with my own Sunsynk should something go wrong with the unit.

Maybe you should twist their arm for a free Sunsynk logger or extended warrantee to make up for lost production😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gerrie said:

I don’t know what I would of done if I was in a similar situation. I think normally if their was a problem with the inverter from the commissioning that the installer picked up they should definitely replace the unit, but the fact that it did work for a certain period of time and only than became faulty is the grey area where the terms and conditions become the choice of the supplier. Just my understanding of things.

I do think that it’s great that they fixed the unit in a reasonable time and gives me a bit of re-assurance with my own Sunsynk should something go wrong with the unit.

Maybe you should twist their arm for a free Sunsynk logger or extended warrantee to make up for lost production😉

Hi. Ive already asked to be part of the beta testing forbthe Sunsynk Logger and they agreed. Its not in SA yet but apparently the ship is on its. Looking forward to realtime updates and being able to change the settings from the app. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Gerrie said:

I don’t know what I would of done if I was in a similar situation. I think normally if their was a problem with the inverter from the commissioning that the installer picked up they should definitely replace the unit, but the fact that it did work for a certain period of time and only than became faulty is the grey area where the terms and conditions become the choice of the supplier. Just my understanding of things.

I do think that it’s great that they fixed the unit in a reasonable time and gives me a bit of re-assurance with my own Sunsynk should something go wrong with the unit.

Maybe you should twist their arm for a free Sunsynk logger or extended warrantee to make up for lost production😉

There is no "grey area" @Gerrie and it It really doesn't matter what is in the terms and conditions. According to the Consumer Protection Act you are entitled to a replacement unit for the first 6 months of the warranty. They aren't doing you a favor doing it, that is the law.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Sc00bs said:

It really doesn't matter what is in the terms and conditions.

I don’t agree with this statement even the CPA have terms for when you can get a replacement, if there were any fault on the part of the consumer these terms will determine the course of the claim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021/09/14 at 8:41 PM, EugeneN said:

Hi. Ive already asked to be part of the beta testing forbthe Sunsynk Logger and they agreed. Its not in SA yet but apparently the ship is on its. Looking forward to realtime updates and being able to change the settings from the app. 

Eugene,

Where did you apply??  I would also like to do so.

Regards,

Rian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gerrie said:

I don’t agree with this statement even the CPA have terms for when you can get a replacement, if there were any fault on the part of the consumer these terms will determine the course of the claim.

What I am saying @Gerrie is that the terms and conditions can't say that the CPA doesn't apply to them. 

If it was a consumer/installation issue, I would have thought that they would have said something to @EugeneN

It is pretty clear what your rights are, it is obviously up to the consumer whether they enforce those rights or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...