Local Lithium Brands

MrVolt

The real issue is BMS communications. Victron supports this:  VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS cables manual

Use these VE.Can to CAN-bus cables to connect a CAN-bus enabled battery to a GX device.

1. Selecting the right cable

ASS030710018 - VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type A Cable 1.8m

• BYD B-Box
  • Pylontech US2000C/US3000C/Force-L

ASS030720018 - VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type B Cable 1.8m

• LG Chem Resu
  • AXIstorage
  • BMZ
  • Pylontech US2000/US3000/UP2500

2. Installation

The side labeled 'CAN-bus BMS' plugs into the battery. The other side, labeled 'VE.Can' must be plugged into either the VE.Can port of the GX device, or the BMS-Can port.

Both port types (VE.Can and BMS-Can) on a GX Device can be configured for use with a CAN-bus BMS connected third party battery.

For configuration, see the manual specific to the brand of battery you are using.

3. Pin-out

In some cases it might be needed to make the cable at the location. Find below the pin-outs. Make sure to very carefully test the cable after crimping it. Self-made cables are very often the causes of very hard to diagnose problems.

3.1 Type A

Function  Victron VE.Can side  Battery side 
GND  Pin 3  Pin 6 
CAN-L Pin 8  Pin 5 
CAN-H Pin 7  Pin 4 

3.2 Type B

Function  Victron VE.Can side  Battery side 
GND  Pin 3  Pin 2 
CAN-L Pin 8  Pin 5 
CAN-H Pin 7  Pin 4 

You can of course connect non communicating battery to Victron, however you looses a lot on status and management and especially SoC. Now you need other ways to get SoC, it may or may not be accurate info tho.

3 hours ago, MrVolt said:

Thanks, this is useful for victron integration. 

But what i am actually after is which local battery is preferred and which is best supported?

I installed BYD for my Solar Micro grid system. I do have some posts on here regarding the BYD and the Micro grid.