Finally pulled the solar trigger.

Hey guys,

Hope you're all well. Almost done with my install, it was nearly completed on Thursday\Friday and today they're coming back to do the final bits of neatening up and configuring everything properly. This has definitely been a learning curve for me, and some of it still is a bit of a mystery but I'm sure that I'll figure it out in due time.

My household is pretty heavy on electricity, and typically we're using 50Kwh per day (1500/ month). Definitely not great to get that bill from Eskom each month. I'm also working from home (and so is the wife) and loadshedding is causing massive hassles to our work so this also solves that problem.

I have quite a few large trees around my house (some in my yard and some in the neighbours yard) and also my roof space to get the best sun is rather lacking so I've had to try and make the best of what I can.

So the setup that I went for:

2x 8kw Sunsynk Inverters
1x 15/12kwh Freedom Won Lite Battery
25x 540W panels

The panels are scattered all over the roof, so I have 8 in one area, 12 in the second area, and 5 in the last area. 

I'm hoping to change some of the household habits to that during the day we use mainly PV (grid if really high usage) and charge the battery all day and then run on the battery through the night (with some grid if required). 

Also a huge nerd here, and (slowly) doing my Home Assistant home automation which I'd like to get this all integrated into.

Looking forward to being part of the community, pretty sure I've got thousands of questions.