Using a LP Solar Collector on HP Geyser

R3plic8

Hi,

Can anyone advise if its possible to use Low pressure Solar collector tubes to a 400Kpa High Pressure Geyser. i'm not sure on the pressure of the header system, i presume it would be the same as the tubes rating. 
The geyser does have a extra port for renewable input. I would like to have it installed above the geyser in the roof with a small solar pump. 
Would the High pressure cause issues? if so is it possible to install pressure regulators on the feed pipes too and from the collector to reduce the pressure?

Thanks

better run them lower ..

The document I have attached says max ,7MPa.

If I can give a tip do buy more than 15 tubes if possible. On an iffish day it will provide good water.  18 or 20 is a good value

You get a valve that you install iun between the high pressure and it will handle it for you.  My water pump is set to 4Bar and the valve set to 1bar. You buy them per pressure

Works 100%

png2pdf (3).pdf

Edited by Erastus

2 hours ago, Erastus said:

better run them lower ..

The document I have attached says max ,7MPa.

If I can give a tip do buy more than 15 tubes if possible. On an iffish day it will provide good water.  18 or 20 is a good value

You get a valve that you install iun between the high pressure and it will handle it for you.  My water pump is set to 4Bar and the valve set to 1bar. You buy them per pressure

Works 100%

png2pdf (3).pdf 1.08 MB · 3 downloads

Thanks for the advice, It is a used unit from a friend that changed system. so its a 15 tube system, with 10 used tubes(with vacuum) and 20 new tubes  in boxes.

He managed to contact the people who installed it, they said that it would run fine at 400Kpa as long as the heat pipes are used in the excavated tubes instead of running your water through the tubes which would do on a low pressure geyser where the tubes fit into the geyser above it. He says the header manifold should be able to handle 600kpa. So im hoping that is correct.

57 minutes ago, R3plic8 said:

Thanks for the advice, It is a used unit from a friend that changed system. so its a 15 tube system, with 10 used tubes(with vacuum) and 20 new tubes  in boxes.

He managed to contact the people who installed it, they said that it would run fine at 400Kpa as long as the heat pipes are used in the excavated tubes instead of running your water through the tubes which would do on a low pressure geyser where the tubes fit into the geyser above it. He says the header manifold should be able to handle 600kpa. So im hoping that is correct.

Glass last long visit Versailles they are thin on the one side and thick at the bottom.  Its going to work super. Mine is 15 tubes