Growatt SPF 5000 ES firmware updates

RayJ

Hi just a warning don't flash the SPF 5000 ES with the latest firmware as the chip and board has changed on the the newer model...which has the latest update July 22 for it.older models the firmware  version number s start with

40.   .....41.  .

the newer inverter model  starts  with 61 or 67 that's how you tell the difference.

for the old versions like mine there is only a febuary 2022 firmware update.

I take no responsibility for the updates and / or failure. you do it out of your own volition and accept the consequences (bricking) of a failed update!

if it's not broke don't fix it is best policy.

Here is the link for ALL the Growatt SPF 5000 ES firmware updates and the windows drivers for the usb ports.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1x8mgSmzBQGLIUetqfzshZwu1JZuIXICi?usp=sharing

It helps to be slightly IT orientated if you do the update yourself.

And don't forget to hard reset the inverter after the firmware update(very important).

The file contains the flashing software, and the updates ( .bin files ) for the two versions of the old model inverter firmware ..

images_1.jpeg

Edited by RayJ

• 8 months later...

Hi RayJ,

I recently added a new model Growatt SPF 5000 ES to my system. After starting up I've found that my paralleled inverters are not switching the output voltage, it remains at 0V. I installed my first Growatt in 2020, after reading your original post I've updated the firmware of my old inverter to the latest 040/041 firmware (with success).

I have comms with my battery, solar panels and grid, no error codes of any kind after start-up with the parallel system.

My old inverter is flashed with 40 06 104 and my new inverter (with the chip upgrades) are flashed with 067 01 1.04. Problem is, I can't flash my old inverter with the 067 version FW and visa versa (flashing the new inverter with 40 06 104), in both cases I ended up bricking the inverters. 

Is there a firmware "marriage" of kind to get firmwares to communicate between 040 and 067 versions?

Side note, all settings were checked, double checked and checked again to make sure all major settings between the two inverters are identical. Only settings that don't correspond is the time settings. Both inverters work in single mode as well (so now blown rectifiers, IGBT's or anything).

• 4 months later...