Advice installation Infinisolar 3-phase 10KW

Hello, my name is John, and i’ve read allready a lot about the Infi 10KW.

Installation: 18 panels Atersa 335Wt (2 strings of 9 panels connected to 2 mppt)

6 Pylontech 2.4KW

1 Infinisolar 3-Phase 10KW

Question: i would like to use PV power during the day, not used PV store in Pylontechs, and use batterypower during evening/night. If not sufficient Grid power will help...

I’m still waiting for my BMS RS485 card for Pylontech.

Can i run the system (temporary without RS485 card)?

How to connect AC-out and AC-in to my DB Board?

Or is it better (i read it in this forum) to put the whole house on the Inverter AC-output, and connect the grid connection (Main fuse) to the Inverter AC-input?

Any help is welcome 😀

Hi John, welcome to the forum.

6 hours ago, John Bijker said:

Question: i would like to use PV power during the day, not used PV store in Pylontechs, and use batterypower during evening/night. If not sufficient Grid power will help...

Please help me understand what the question is. If it is, is this possible, yes it is.

Can i run the system (temporary without RS485 card)?

Yes you can but you have to fill in your charging voltages manually.

How to connect AC-out and AC-in to my DB Board?

Or is it better (i read it in this forum) to put the whole house on the Inverter AC-output, and connect the grid connection (Main fuse) to the Inverter AC-input?

That's how I would do it but it is depending on your loads.

Edited by RikH

2 hours ago, RikH said:

Hi John, welcome to the forum.

Please help me understand what the question is. If it is, is this possible, yes it is.

Yes you can but you have to fill in your charging voltages manually.

That's how I would do it but it is depending on your loads.

Thnx for the quick answers, I’m really happy with it!

I would like to run my system this way:  (It’s a reply from @OneillZA  22-7-2020) in order to use as less energy from the grid.

(‘'Output Source Priority') is set to SBU - which means Solar -> Battery -> Utility. This means that your system will run on PV during the day. Any PV amount above your load will be used to charge your batteries. If PV drops below your load (clouds or towards the end of the day), the system will draw the shortfall from your Pylon. Once your PV is down to 0, it will draw your full load from the Pylons. Once your Pylon voltage drops to your 'Back to Grid voltage for SBU priority' setpoint (47.0V as per your screenshot), it will switch over to Utility. It will run on Utility until your Pylon has been recharged back to the 'Back to Discharge Voltage' setpoint (54.0V as per your screenshot - way too high - see below). Then it will run on PV/Battery again until your Pylon voltage drops to your 'Back to Grid voltage for SBU priority' setpoint - and so on...

You have 2 options:

Change your 'Output Source Priority' to SOL - which means that it will run on PV until PV drops down to 0 (shortfall supplied by battery until then) and switch to Utility at that point
Increase your 'Back to Grid voltage for SBU priority' setpoint to a higher value to have the system change earlier to Utility (e.g. increase from 47V to 50V)
A few further settings that you should change immediately:

Your charging parameters are way too high for the Pylon. Recommended settings here are Bulk 52.5V and Float 51.8V
Your 'Back to Discharge Voltage' is also set too high - which means that at the moment your system will only switch back from you to PV once your Pylon is fully recharged. This obviously needs to be somewhere in between your Float voltages above and your 'Back to Grid voltage for SBU priority'. Remember that your inverter will keep constantly drawing just over 40W from your Pylon even if it running on Utility - which means that your Pylon in the morning will be at a lower SOC than it was in the evening even if you have been running on Utility the whole night
I would also recommend changing the following other settings:

'Output Mode' is currently set to Parallel. If I am not mistaken, this should be set to Single as you are running only a single Axpert and can cause sometimes problems
I would set 'Max charging current' and 'Max AC charging current' both to the same value. Recommended value for your Pylon is 25A. As I don't think that the Axpert supports 5A steps, I would recommend 20A for both settings
Your 'Charger Source Priority' is currently set to Solar First, which means the Axpert will use whatever PV is available to charge the battery. If no PV is available, it will charge from Utility. If with the settings made above you are not significantly drawing down on your Pylon in the eve, then I would change this to Solar Only. Then your Pylon will only be charged by excess PV that you have and not by Utility. 

Question: Are the values (charging parameters Pylon) mentioned by @OneillZA suitable for my installation as well?