Goodwe 5048 ES / Pylontech - Lightning Strike: Charging but not Discharging

Sadwe

Hi!

I had a relatively close lightning strike this weekend, I lost some network equipment and a 3d printer.

My Inverter (Goodwe 5048ES) at first glance survived. It charged the batteries fine from the solar panels the day after:

image.thumb.png.7ff48d18f6b8273ead712403d998bac9.png

But this graph shows the issue: I'm not getting anything out of the batteries since the strike at 20:30.

image.thumb.png.eb728ef43bbb223ac4cbcbe25606d8a8.png

Looking at pv master's alarms I get this (sometimes?):

image.png.1d70d2b91cc5a91bce2749c10c5fd66b.png

1. "Discharge current limited by bms is low" sounds like what I am experiencing.
  2. SelfUseOff - No idea why I'd be getting this, my mode is set to general/normal. I don't even know where to set the times. When I go back to basic setup and set mode to normal again the alarms are seemingly reset. Maybe I'll get this again after it ran for 24 hours and it made a realization...
  3. SOC Delta OverRange - That doesn't sound good.

Here is the parameters info from PV Master:

image.thumb.png.691283f77584d011cae0c76a5577903c.png

The CT meter tests says it is connected correctly.

I shut down my batteries and started them up again. I guess I should do the same with the inverter, I thought if it can charge it can discharge ...

Any ideas ?

Thanks!

Edited by Reyn
Title

• Sadwe changed the title to Goodwe 5048 ES / Pylontech - Lightning Strike: Charging but not Discharging