Service certificate for diesel generators anyone?

Sass

Question

Don't laugh, (because I did).....

I do a lot of repair and fabrication work for various medical practices in my area.

Today I was asked to provide a certificate of service for a Bundu Power diesel generator that is installed in one of my customers' buildings. 

This is news to me as I do not work on the electrical side, but I do from time to time work on the mechanical side. I fail to understand why this certificate is now suddenly a requirement.

Can anyone give me more information on this please? I looked online at numerous government certificates, and those that I could find are all applicable to the electrical supply.

I am stumped....

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Sass said:

Don't laugh, (because I did).....

I do a lot of repair and fabrication work for various medical practices in my area.

Today I was asked to provide a certificate of service for a Bundu Power diesel generator that is installed in one of my customers' buildings. 

This is news to me as I do not work on the electrical side, but I do from time to time work on the mechanical side. I fail to understand why this certificate is now suddenly a requirement.

Can anyone give me more information on this please? I looked online at numerous government certificates, and those that I could find are all applicable to the electrical supply.

I am stumped....

Thank you!

Auditors. They will probably want to see 1) how sustainable the business is, or 2)  being a medical practice, power can be critical in the delivery of services, particularly for machines like ventilators, and those that provide oxygen etc. Or 3) their IT department. Many years ago I used to do ISO/IEC 27001:2013 consulting for a big 4 firm, and we used to ask for and check the maintenance certificates and log books of auxiliary power systems, even down to the fuel storage and conditioning. So it could be either regulatory or "best practice" / driven by policy.

Best to ask them yourself what the drivers for it are.     

On 2021/10/01 at 7:02 AM, YellowTapemeasure said:

Auditors. They will probably want to see 1) how sustainable the business is, or 2)  being a medical practice, power can be critical in the delivery of services, particularly for machines like ventilators, and those that provide oxygen etc. Or 3) their IT department. Many years ago I used to do ISO/IEC 27001:2013 consulting for a big 4 firm, and we used to ask for and check the maintenance certificates and log books of auxiliary power systems, even down to the fuel storage and conditioning. So it could be either regulatory or "best practice" / driven by policy.

Best to ask them yourself what the drivers for it are.     

Hi. 

No, it's definitely not auditors. I have seen the list that was sent to my client from government, and it is one heck of a long list.

I think it's more a case of government interference. Smacks of Stalinism.